SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
Dave The Barbar
Dave The Barbar is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
2000 SL2
Default Sad to have to sell out 2000 SL2

We got her new and she was faithful for 14 years. After 215,000 mile she finally let us down. The starter motor went out and the pollution ports on the manifold (I am told) are plugged. I was going to give her to our daughter, but she doesn't want her, so she is for sale - posted in the sale section here. I hope someone will save her from the junkyard. The interior is in good shape as is the body.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dave The Barbar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dave The Barbar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dave The Barbar is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Russet
Russet has a spectacular aura aboutRusset has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Sad to have to sell out 2000 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Barbar View Post
We got her new and she was faithful for 14 years. After 215,000 mile she finally let us down. The starter motor went out and the pollution ports on the manifold (I am told) are plugged. I was going to give her to our daughter, but she doesn't want her, so she is for sale - posted in the sale section here. I hope someone will save her from the junkyard. The interior is in good shape as is the body.
Pollution ports now that something I haven't heard for a Vehicle nomenclature sounds like that is something they made up and instead of saying the right part or location they just made up a description. I am curious to know where at the manifold they are referring to...if others can point me to the Pollution Ports....?? Starter motor went out...the repair is pricy but way better then a tranx or engine rebuild. And if she doesn't want the Saturn well that is her choice but if the Saturn still runs and work and is in good body shape then she missing out on alot of good years for the Saturn still. Put for sale sign on it and someone is bound to find or see it also put it on Craiglist if you can post it there-there are buyers whom still buy Saturns if the price is right and condition is good. But if she wants something all new like all computerized vehicle tell her she better get good insurance and be prepared to pay the dealer servicing pricetag.....They are still trying to get me to bring my 03 Saturn L300 to them to Service...and I am yeah ok...to get parts I can do that but Service...not unless I absolutely have to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote