SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
Trans Man
Trans Man is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default 99 SL2 Service Light on

My car runs great, but the service light came on and I can't get an inspection sticker until this is resolved. My mechanic has spent 8 hours trying to figure out why the computer will not talk to the car. I had purchased a used computer thinking that was the intial problem, but both computers are not talking to the car. He brought in a guy who specializes in reprograming computers for cars. He said the computer is not the problem, but cannot pinpoint the problem. They basically gave up.
They have checked with the manufactuer of the computer and they couldn't figure out the problem either. He said there is somthing unique with the 99, just my luck!!!
Bottom line I need to get the car inspected and right now it wont pass inspection.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Trans Man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Trans Man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Trans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
hooked2u
hooked2u is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
1999 SC2
Default Re: 99 SL2 Service Light on

Sorry, no help here. I have the same problem with 1999 Saturn SC2. Inspection station says car computer won't talk to EPA computer, yet a P0741 was printed out indicating Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performa...

This is a mechanical problem, not an emission problem but the inspecting station won't pass my vehicle for registration. The only problem I experience with my transmission is the reverse clunk that's been documented in the forum.

Good Luck with your problem.

<<1999 Saturn SC2 4 speed automatic. 262,658 (as of: 2014AUG29), low comp cyl#3, parked, use emergency trans. only; 2001 Saturn SC2 5 gear manual. < 127K mi, purch May 2014. Great MPG!>>

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hooked2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hooked2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hooked2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:05 AM   #3
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: 99 SL2 Service Light on

Check ALL fuses in BOTH fuse boxes. Esp. the BODY fuse in the interior fuse box.

Does the interior light work?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote