SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
Someclown
Someclown is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L
Default Saturn dealer may be closing

Well I just heard through the rumour mill that the saturn dealer in my town is going to be closing but not quite sure the truth of it all yet,I will try to keep
you all posted.good thing these 02 vues are on the same platform as the GMC Torrent and Chevy Equinox ,may still be able to get some parts

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Someclown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Someclown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Someclown is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Saturn dealer may be closing

GMC Torrent? We call thoses here Pontiac Torrents in the States.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
M7Mayberry
M7Mayberry is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
GMC Torrent? We call thoses here Pontiac Torrents in the States.
It is possible. I can remember when the Grand Prix was called the Grand Parisien (sp?) in Canada. There was also a station wagon version, which was never offered in the US. There was also a Chrysler that had a Dodge front end and a Plymouth rear end. Oh, Canada!

"It's time for DODGER BASEBALL!" - Vin Scully

2007 Vue 5-speed manual
1999 Chevrolet S-10 5-speed manual (RIP 2011)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to M7Mayberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help M7Mayberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
M7Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

Parts will be available for awhile even if Saturn goes completely belly up (although I heard FIAT is looking at them). There was way too many VUEs sold for the aftermarket parts companies to turn away from them.

If the Saturn dealers in my city all closed, it wouldn't bother me anyway. Saturn genuine parts are stupid expensive. I buy all my stuff for other sources.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7Mayberry View Post
It is possible. I can remember when the Grand Prix was called the Grand Parisien (sp?) in Canada. There was also a station wagon version, which was never offered in the US. There was also a Chrysler that had a Dodge front end and a Plymouth rear end. Oh, Canada!

Chevy Nova/Pontiac Acadian inthe 60's.
Chevy Chevette/Pontiac Acadian in the 70's.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Do you mean the recent GP or the early to mid '80s model?

the Dodge Intripid was the Chrysler Intripid and the Mitsubishi Galant was a Dodge in Canada. THe Chevy Sidekick was a GMC in Canada if I remember correctly. They even have an Acura version of the Civic that we don't have. MB has a "B" class model that's really cool. ANd from what I was told at the car show, the Pontiac G8 will no longer be available in Canada, just here. And don't forget the diesel powered Chevette they had in Canada.

in response to the OP, there was a Saturn dealer in California that closed recently and moved to the next town 10 miles away. Hopefully, the one here doesn't close because the next one is about 20 miles away. There's the Honda dealer but they can only do so much.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

The Mercedes B200.
Nice looking small car inside and out. It would be one I would consider except I have been told by a Mercedes service writer that it is based on the Neon platform.

Also that would be the no power Chevette diesel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
M7Mayberry

2007 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
Do you mean the recent GP or the early to mid '80s model?
I mean the late 1960's, early 70's GP, the ones John Delorean brought to market.

I once owned a Chevette. It was the "Scooter" model; no back seat. I paid $1800 cash for it. I walked into the dealer with 18 $100 bills and drove out in my Chevette. LOL

2007 Vue 5-speed manual

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help M7Mayberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
The Mercedes B200.
Nice looking small car inside and out. It would be one I would consider except I have been told by a Mercedes service writer that it is based on the Neon platform.

Also that would be the no power Chevette diesel.
That was a joke about the Mercedes B200?

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
ssicarman

No joke about the B200. It is a Chrysler based platform. They also have (had?) one other car based on a Chrysler. I believe that it was the Pacifica. Not sure which Mercedes model it is but if you look at the side views you will see it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
M7Mayberry

2007 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
I believe that it was the Pacifica. Not sure which Mercedes model it is but if you look at the side views you will see it.
It is the "R" class crossover. There are quite a few of them in Southern California. They are from the same original design, but I don't believe that they share any parts.

2007 Vue 5-speed manual

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someclown View Post
Well I just heard through the rumour mill that the saturn dealer in my town is going to be closing but not quite sure the truth of it all yet,I will try to keep
you all posted.good thing these 02 vues are on the same platform as the GMC Torrent and Chevy Equinox ,may still be able to get some parts
Actually some clown, as I see from your post you have a 2002 VUE. That V6 engine is a Caddy Catera derived engine of which parts are readily available. They preceed the Torrent or Equinox powertrains. The 4cyl is an Ecotec engine which is widely available in almost every GM facet, so you are good. The old box-style VUE body style has been around from '02 to '07 so you are good there too.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

If you do need parts, I'm sure any GM dealer would be able to handle it for you. When I had my '96 Olds Cutlass Supreme which was basically the Pontiac GP, Buick Regal, and Chevy Lumina, I was able to go tomy local Chevy and Pontiac dealers (the latter now closed) for repairs since Oldsmobile is no longer.

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Like I continue to say... If you need any Saturn specific parts, NOW is the time to get them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #15
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
I read on a bit I was thinking you were confusing this model with the Parisien, which was Canada's version of the Catalina in the 70's. Since I used top also get Canadian TV I used to see the Pontiac Acaidian (Chevette) advertised on TV a lot. They used the T-1000 badge on it in the US when it came here late in it's run.

Interesting, Pontiac made a version of the Nova before the Ventura II in the states in '73?

Back on topic I thought Saturn had to support thier product for 7 years? Once Saturn had a nitche product & the pre-'08 Vue was the last of them, now they are just cookie cutter rebadged GM models. Much to my dissappointment.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
BobbyP
Master Member

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck318 View Post
I read on a bit I was thinking you were confusing this model with the Pariisien, which was Canada's version of the Catalina in the 70's. Since I used top also get Canadian TV I used to see the Pontiac Acaidian (Chevette) advertised on TV a lot. They used the T-1000 badge on it in the US when it came here late in it's run.

Interesting, Pontiac made a version of the Nova before the Ventura II in the states in '73?

Back on topic I thought Saturn had to support thier product for 7 years? Once Saturn had a nitche product & the pre-'08 Vue was the last of them, now they are just cookie cutter rebadged GM models. Much to my dissappointment.
We had a 1972 Ventura II, it went for sale as 71 1/2 year model... They eventually called it a Phoenix in 1977. Ours had a 307 V8 with a 3 spd turbo-hydramatic. Would hold 2nd to 70mph, top speed unknown... When I went to college it used to out run the BMW 2002's easily.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
Someclown
Someclown is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

thanks for all your responses and sorry to cause such mass confusion and debate over a PONTIAC Torrent not a GMC, my mistake.
There are still vital parts I have changed that the aftermarkets don't make yet,like the $387 dollar center hanger bearing which is on back order till unkown time.Thats why my awd is 2wd now,removed rear driveshafts.
Are you sure thats not a mazda B2000

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Someclown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Someclown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Someclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
Pixie
Pixie is on a distinguished road

2002 SC1

The Saturn dealership in Lafayette, LA near me closed down now its a Mazda dealership. I passed down that road everytime just to glance at the new models. I was shocked I didn't even know they were shutting down.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pixie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pixie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #19
M7Mayberry

2007 VUE 2.2L

To respond to the OP, most of the major parts on more recent Saturns should be available from Chevrolet or third parties. There are a lot of Saturns in Southern California, so I imagine it won't be an issue here for a long time. Maybe I should buy another 07 Vue now and keep it as a parts car. Or if parts get hard to find, just buy a Camaro!

2007 Vue 5-speed manual

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

If you have room, find a wrecked model like yours and keep it as a donor. Won't need parts for awhile that way. If I had a garage, I would have at least one donor just in case.

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!