SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
nji911
nji911 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Anyone want blacked out headlights??

I have a set of blacked out headlights I'm looking to sell. My parents bought me the ones off of ebay so I am going to sell the ones I did myself. Not looking for alot maybe $75 for the set. PM me or leave a message here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nji911's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nji911 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nji911 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
firestomper25
firestomper25 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Anyone want blacked out headlights??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nji911 View Post
I have a set of blacked out headlights I'm looking to sell. My parents bought me the ones off of ebay so I am going to sell the ones I did myself. Not looking for alot maybe $75 for the set. PM me or leave a message here.
i would but i dont really like the eye brow thing you did..on them it dont look bad at all just not my taste... but i would pay you somthing to paint mine since your close arent you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to firestomper25's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help firestomper25 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
firestomper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
nji911

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Yeah I'm in Rochester for the next week and then in buffalo for school. Either would be fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help nji911 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
firestomper25

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Yeah I'm in Rochester for the next week and then in buffalo for school. Either would be fine.
you know when you could do them for me i would pay you like 30 and i will buy the paint.. you go to UB

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help firestomper25 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
nji911

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Yeah I'm at UB. I live in an apartment there so I would be able to do it. I move in for good on August 22nd. Anytime after that would work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-09-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
firestomper25

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Yeah I'm at UB. I live in an apartment there so I would be able to do it. I move in for good on August 22nd. Anytime after that would work.
sweet i will try to remeber lol.. but is 30 ok... i hope so that is all i really want to spend if it takes an hour thats not bad

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
nji911

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Yeah thats fine. By the time its all said and done, probably around 2 1/2 hours cause it takes time for the paint to dry and such. And I wouldnt want to rush the process at all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
OnDaGround
Master Member
OnDaGround has a spectacular aura aboutOnDaGround has a spectacular aura about

1993 SC2

as good as it looks on some cars... some. Why would you personally want to make it harder for yourself to see at night. Thats an insurance disaster waiting to happen....

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnDaGround's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnDaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
FlintIonQC
FlintIonQC is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnDaGround View Post
as good as it looks on some cars... some. Why would you personally want to make it harder for yourself to see at night. Thats an insurance disaster waiting to happen....
My thoughts exactly. I don't know why you would want to inhibit your light output and decrease your visibility at night just for daytime looks...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FlintIonQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FlintIonQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FlintIonQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #10
OnDaGround
Master Member

1993 SC2

me personally. I love bright headlights. If I could, I would have HID's in both of my cars. Not Ebay HID, but true HID (like factory). Plus if you ever hit a deer at night, either A: insurance wouldn't cover it, or B: they would stick it to you with no lube for the next 5 years as you pay out the arse and drive like an old lady 20mph under trying not to get a ticket. After the insurance company is done you'd be sore and prolly walk funny. (this is you befor accident , this is you after ) Insurance company got ya aye... now your butt hurts

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
firestomper25

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
me personally. I love bright headlights. If I could, I would have HID's in both of my cars. Not Ebay HID, but true HID (like factory). Plus if you ever hit a deer at night, either A: insurance wouldn't cover it, or B: they would stick it to you with no lube for the next 5 years as you pay out the arse and drive like an old lady 20mph under trying not to get a ticket. After the insurance company is done you'd be sore and prolly walk funny. (this is you befor accident , this is you after ) Insurance company got ya aye... now your butt hurts
how does the outside color change the brightness of the lights.... thats all i want no eye brows

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #12
OnDaGround
Master Member

1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestomper25 View Post
how does the outside color change the brightness of the lights.... thats all i want no eye brows
What kind of question is that? He said blackened headlights, not taillights, chances are they are not lightly smoked but actually blackened. The easiest way to explain this is go into a dark room and take a flash light, shine it on the wall and then put sunglasses in front of it. The amount of light projected will be diminished by the tint. Not to say it will not shine though, but it will certainly not let out quite a shine that you would find easy to deal with. I have a friend with them... you can see, but not nearly as well. However, you can get light colored lens' like yellow or blue or green or red. Actually, its more of a film that goes over the head light, it can look decent, you can actually get light black...but as you learned in middle school, if you were paying attention, I wasn't I was too busy trying to get with girls at that age, but maybe for that day, you would have learned that black absorbs light.... plain and simple.

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #13
nji911

2004 ION-2 Sedan

The lens isn't tinted. The light was taken apart and the housing was painted black not the clear lens. Has nothing to do with light output. Tinted covers on the other hand would affect light output which is why I dont have them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #14
OnDaGround
Master Member

1993 SC2

What do you mean by the housing is painted? what part of the headlight is painted?

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #15
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What do you mean by the housing is painted? what part of the headlight is painted?
That is what he's talking about.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #16
OnDaGround
Master Member

1993 SC2

I wouldn't call that blacked out headlights then...

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I wouldn't call that blacked out headlights then...
What would you call them, then? Just about everyone here knows what he's talking about by using that term.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #18
nji911

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
The inside of the headlight where is used to be all chrome is now black.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #19
firestomper25

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
The inside of the headlight where is used to be all chrome is now black.
i do see what mister ground is talkin about but i seen your headlights before and i knew what you were talkin about .. and yes blacked out usually meant covered completely like tinted... you know blacked out tails or something.....like his analogy with the flash light and the sunglasses... but i took it as the inside painted black....... but it really could be easily confused.... next time put up picks ..lol... and thats why i was confused with his question and his answer....so i have another question.... mr mji..... i thought you also painted the clear cover of the housing to give it the eye brow tint....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #20
nji911

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Its Nji lol.....but yes I do have the eyebrows painted on as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!