SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
emptypockets
emptypockets is on a distinguished road

1999 SC1
Default Radio stations don't come in

Hey
I have a 99 SC1 with an aftermarket stereo(Pioneer with CD player) and I can only get one station recently(no AM stations work and I only get 88.9 on FM) and even that one barely comes in. I have a couple preset stations and none of them come in now. I had been playing CD's in it all day so I'm not sure if one of the following two things might have caused it and if one did, I'm not sure which one.
1) I hit some serious bumps that knocked the antenna adapter out of the back of the CD player(it's a pretty loose fit anyway) so I had to pull the CD player out and reattach it.
2) I was doing about 5-10 mph when a low branch caught on my antenna, pulled it back, let go, and swung my antenna back and forth pretty hard.

I'm not sure where to look for antenna damage or how to check it for that matter. I also don't know if maybe something got broken inside the radio from the bumps. Has this ever happened to anyone or does anyone know of a possible fix? Thanks for any help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emptypockets's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emptypockets reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
edbama2
edbama2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2
1994 SC2
Default Re: Radio stations don't come in

It is possable that the solder joint where the wire attachs to the antenna cracked. If it was as hard as you say it was. I would check where the antenna connection plugs into the radio first.

When is Saturn going to make an SC2 Truck?
New 05 Dodge Ram Quad Hemi Thunder Road Package

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edbama2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edbama2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
emptypockets

1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbama2
... I would check where the antenna connection plugs into the radio first.
I did that. When it first happened I popped the radio out and plugged the antenna connection back into the radio. Still nothing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help emptypockets reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Check at the passenger footwell upper area, right by the wheel well area on the inside of the car. There is an antenna lead joint there.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
the_skin_eater
the_skin_eater is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman
Check at the passenger footwell upper area, right by the wheel well area on the inside of the car. There is an antenna lead joint there.

Yup, after I finally found this my radio worked great. Thats after buying several new connectors for the back of the deck.

Im not crazy, just bored...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/the_skin_eater ---Chek it out.

All my time goes to the Talon...My girlfriend is jealous. But my car is jealous that I sleep with her...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the_skin_eater's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the_skin_eater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:54 AM   #6
emptypockets

1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman
Bingo! That was it. My radio stations were kind of fuzzy before the radio went completely dead and now they're clear. Thanks edbama2 for the initial assistance, ssicarman for the problem solving advice, and the_skin_eater for the added friendly input. You guys are awesome!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #7
edbama2
edbama2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2
1994 SC2

I am glad that it worked out. Was it the solder joint under the antenna?

When is Saturn going to make an SC2 Truck?
New 05 Dodge Ram Quad Hemi Thunder Road Package

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edbama2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edbama2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #8
emptypockets

1999 SC1

No. It was the connection that's underneath the dash in the passenger footwell. I was just about to check the solder joint under the antenna when I decided to jump on the computer to check for more replies. Then I saw sscirman's reply and decided to check the easiest thing first and that was it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-08-2005, 04:19 AM   #9
TylerC161
TylerC161 is on a distinguished road

i cant tell you how many times that'd happened to me. those damn passengers, always kickin **** with their feet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TylerC161's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TylerC161 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread