SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are there any E85 fuel stations near you?
Yes 24 35.29%
No 40 58.82%
What's E85 fuel? 4 5.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #21
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Are there any E85 fuel stations near you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax428 View Post
Ahh, but just because it's produced locally doesn't mean it's distributed locally. I've interviewed with two Oil companies in the past (Marathon and SunOil) who both have refineries within 45 minutes of my house (as do BP and I think Shell). I had asked the guys at SunOil about their control on gas prices since it was expensive here even with a bunch of local refineries. And they stated something along the lines of the Oil they refine here in Ohio goes out West to the Plains States, and the Oil they refine out there comes this way. I think it had to do with keeping gas prices somewhat level across the country.

But yeah, I do agree that USA (or even North American) processed fuel would be a lot more appealing than foreign oil. But I'm not willing to switch just to have to go fill up every week (or less) when I'm currently filling up every week-and-a-half to two weeks. It's just a psychological thing for me. I feel that I spend less, when I spend less often. And knowing that i'll be spending more often is a deterant to change.
Could be, I don't really know. Ethanol is likely sold close to where it's processed because shipping it long distances is expensive and difficult.
I've read that Sunoco was a good place to buy gas because they buy no oil from the middle east.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #22
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
...I've read that Sunoco was a good place to buy gas because they buy no oil from the middle east.
have some proof on this? i'd think this would price them right outta the market.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #23
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
have some proof on this? i'd think this would price them right outta the market.
I got it from this if you believe it. I'm not really sure
Terror Free Oil
Click on Oil Companies

Here's another link

Last edited by davidsky; 02-02-2008 at 08:36 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #24
core2009
core2009 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan

Sunoco ?.....you gotta be kidding ...I heard they were owned by terrorists ( ok well at least Venezuela ) I do know they buy oil from Algeria .....anyway yeah I do have e85 close to my house and a distribution park coming in a few months but who cares? just burn Valero (supposedly U.S gasoline) and you will help the economy. ( add 2-3 oz. Acetone/ 10gal. and whala ...almost no emitions)

You may say driving fast is dangerous, but so is walking down the street ...
Saturn Ion 1....Manual Tran.
Weapon-R SRI

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to core2009's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help core2009 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
core2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #25
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by core2009 View Post
Sunoco ?.....you gotta be kidding ...I heard they were owned by terrorists ( ok well at least Venezuela ) I do know they buy oil from Algeria .....anyway yeah I do have e85 close to my house and a distribution park coming in a few months but who cares? just burn Valero (supposedly U.S gasoline) and you will help the economy. ( add 2-3 oz. Acetone/ 10gal. and whala ...almost no emitions)
Guess you didn't click the second link that said that Valero is 32% Persian Gulf Oil.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #26
Troy
Troy is on a distinguished road

There's one less than two miles down the road from me. Unfortunately, the price difference is less than 10% and doesn't make up for decreased MPG. I still buy occasionally, just to support, but I know I'm in the minority.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Troy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Troy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #27
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Charlie, you forgot the option "I have no idea where they are" in the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRic 02sc2 View Post
there are a few E85 fuel stations in the Detroit area.
use this to locate them http://afdcmap2.nrel.gov/locator/
I found that site through Google and there's 14 within a 25mile radius of Detroit. But I cannot find something that tells me where there are E85 stations in Ontario. I see plety of FlexFuel GM trucks around here, but I don't know if we even have any stations that sell it.

I'd probably be better off going to Detroit to buy it, like I do regualr gas, I'm sure it's much cheaper.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #28
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
There's one less than two miles down the road from me. Unfortunately, the price difference is less than 10% and doesn't make up for decreased MPG. I still buy occasionally, just to support, but I know I'm in the minority.
what car are you putting it in?

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #29
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line
Checkered Flag Re: Are there any E85 fuel stations near you?

Good resource for US E85 locations:

US Dept. Of Energy - E.E.R.E.

Also:
http://e85fuel.com/

E85fuel.com is only showing three locations in Ontario, Canada.

I've been following E85 since it was just a pipe dream in science lab research papers. I'm hoping to have an E85 vehicle as my next car, whether it be the Tahoe Hybrid, Tahoe PPV, or something else.

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fotovue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #30
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotovue View Post
Also:
http://e85fuel.com/

I saw that site. I can't find anything except US locations on thier finder.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #31
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
I saw that site. I can't find anything except US locations on thier finder.
click on "Find E85 near you (consumers)"

then, looking at the US map, click on the little red maple leaf and text that says "click here for Canadian Stations". It's up in the area of the map where Canada is supposed to be.

The map will be much easier to figure out once we finally get around to taking over Canada.
Right now we're busy, you'll just have to wait patiently.
Don't worry, our Legal and Defense Departments are working on the annexation forms now...

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fotovue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #32
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
click on "Find E85 near you (consumers)"

then, looking at the US map, click on the little red maple leaf and text that says "click here for Canadian Stations". It's up in the area of the map where Canada is supposed to be.

I did not see this leaf you speak of. I'll look now.

Quote:
The map will be much easier to figure out once we finally get around to taking over Canada.
Right now we're busy, you'll just have to wait patiently.
Don't worry, our Legal and Defense Departments are working on the annexation forms now...
I know! WTF is taking you guys so long?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 02-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #33
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
That leaf wasn't there when I was on the site yesterday...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well of the 3 in Ontario, none of them are near me. One is almost 1 1/2hrs away, but I've been to that town before, another is about 3 1/2hrs away, and I've been there before as well, and the last one is in Ottawa, that's like 12hrs away. I've never been, but always wated to go there.

So why do I see so many GM FFVs on the road here?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #34
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to all

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
That leaf wasn't there when I was on the site yesterday...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well of the 3 in Ontario, none of them are near me. One is almost 1 1/2hrs away, but I've been to that town before, another is about 3 1/2hrs away, and I've been there before as well, and the last one is in Ottawa, that's like 12hrs away. I've never been, but always wated to go there.

So why do I see so many GM FFVs on the road here?
The leaf must be visible only to those of us in the US. They are thinking of keeping it as a symbol of the new territory.

If I had an E85 vehicle and available fuel, I'd use it as long as the cost comparison was close. I wouldn't even mind the extra fills required or losing a couple bucks to keep the money in our economy. Here we are all using 10% ethanol, and I think it's state wide. If every state did that, that's a 10% reduction in oil consumption. It's still a bandaid, but if we work at stopping the bleeding we might make progress on healing the wound.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #35
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmaster View Post
The leaf must be visible only to those of us in the US. They are thinking of keeping it as a symbol of the new territory.
I'm beginning to wonder. I know I was looking at the greal lakes region yesterday and no leaf. I'm now on a US ISP through work, but at home I'm on a Canadian ISP.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #36
KevinMoire
KevinMoire is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Yeah there are two different walmarts that are near me that both have an E85 pump.

Wierd.....texas, i know..

www.enjoiyourself.com
2004 Custom Ion-2 74k Original Owner (totalled)
2007 InfernoRed Dodge Charger SXT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KevinMoire's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KevinMoire reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KevinMoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #37
JeffMGrant
JeffMGrant is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan
1997 SL1

Quote:
like texas would actually put up e85 stations anyway?

I fill up in Sachse, TX. They have E85 at the Kroger grocery store there along with regular gas. In fact, several stations in the Dallas metro area have E85, as well as several in Houston, Austin, and Waco. I've run it in my 97 SL for about 6000 mi.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113509

http://www.verasun.com/Press/details.cfm?ID=122

This brand of E85 has many stations in TX. From my experience it runs about ~15% less in price than regular. My last fillup was 2.68 and regular was 3.08.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JeffMGrant's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JeffMGrant reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JeffMGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #38
lewdwig
lewdwig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2001 SL2

I have an E-85 station about 4-5 miles east of my house, only one in the county AFAIK. I've been thinking about running my car on some E-21.5 when the weather warms up (1/4 E-85, 3/4 unleaded).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lewdwig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lewdwig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lewdwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:07 PM   #39
stocksaturn
stocksaturn is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
1994 SC2

I have at least 3 within 25 miles of my home. In the Chicago area the only two gas stations that carry it are Gas city and shell. Right now 87 octane is 3.25 here. E85 is 2.59-2.79. I will think about buying a E85 compatible car in future. Even though you get a little worse gas mileage with it as I've heard

HEY EVERYBODY! AFTER A 9 month hiatus, I'm back!
2005 V6 AWD Vue (Hue)39K K&N CAI/Syntec/NGK's-265 CHP/Open exhaust!
1993 Pontiac TA (Black bird) 122K-CAI-FOR SALE!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stocksaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stocksaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stocksaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #40
mkuz13
Advanced Member
mkuz13 is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksaturn View Post
I have at least 3 within 25 miles of my home. In the Chicago area the only two gas stations that carry it are Gas city and shell. Right now 87 octane is 3.25 here. E85 is 2.59-2.79. I will think about buying a E85 compatible car in future. Even though you get a little worse gas mileage with it as I've heard
In Princeton they have an FS station that has a E85 pump as well as regular (E10) pumps.E85 used to be almost a $1 cheaper than regular but in the last few days its almost as much as regular fuel.

Regular 89 octane - $3.39
E85 - $3.29

Want more gun control? Then use both hands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkuz13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkuz13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkuz13 is offline   Reply With Quote