SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
sorrowdemonica
sorrowdemonica is on a distinguished road

Default Anyone From SouthWest (CA,AZ,NM,etc) Driving To Austin Meet 2011?

This following post has been duplicated on six other Solstice/Sky/Kappa forums, however, please take note: I primarily use the solsticeforum . com forums and all the latest news and updates will be made there first! So if you are interested in joining this trip with us, I recommend following the thread at solsticeforum . com/forum/f11/anyone-southwest-ca-az-nm-etc-driving-austin-meet-2011-a-65398

However, also note that I will do my best to keep this post updated also... Thank You.
------------------------
Original Message:

Hello All!

I plan on attending the 6th Annual North American Solstice & Sky Meet (nationalsolsticeskymeet2011.com) in Austin, TX June 20-24, 2011 and I was wondering if any of you out there who are from California, Arizona, New Mexico and other nearby regions would like to possibly organize a drive together to NASSM

This drive will start From Los Angeles County and will take place along the 60 fwy to the 10 fwy to the 290 hwy into Austin.

My family have taken this route before to get to Austin, TX to visit other family and The times we have took this route, We always stop at Las Cruces, NM each way to grab a room for the night as it is almost the exact center of the almost 1,400 mile trip.

If I were to leave to this event alone, I would plan on departing California on Saturday Morning (June 18th), grab a hotel in Las Cruces, NM, and make the final stretch the following Morning and arrive In Austin on Sunday June 19th, but if most of you who would like to meet up along the way and/or would prefer to arrive in Austin a day, two, or three earlier before the the main event and want to participate in organizing some sightseeing, stops, and meet & greets along the way, I would be fine with beginning the journey from Los Angeles a day or two earlier than planned.

So, if plan on taking any part of the same route (especially those of you from Any of the most Southern Western States (California, Arizona or New Mexico)) and would love to Meet up anywhere along our drive from CA to TX, Please reply as there will be many places along the way we can organize to meet up (restaurants, sights, tourist stops, etc).

I know this post may be a bit premature, but I feel at this point in time it may be good to gather any of your ideas of the places to stop, the places to see, and the places to meet up with other Solstice/Sky owners along the journey. We can also take this time to get everything prepared, all the details ironed out, and make all reservations (if needed).

Finally when time draws closer the the actual 2011 Meet, we could then create and organize the actual sign up list, finalize scheduling, and determine who wants to participate on this drive.

Yours Truly
-Raven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sorrowdemonica's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sorrowdemonica reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sorrowdemonica is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links