SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
reedred
reedred is on a distinguished road

2009 SKY Red Line
Default 2007-2009 Sky Owner Manuals in .pdf Format

I downloaded the three years of Sky manuals from the GM Saturn Owner's Center portal on Yahoo before it shut down. I figured they could come in useful to current or future owners, so I saved them to Google docs for posterity. Access is via the links below.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to reedred's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help reedred reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
reedred is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: 2007-2009 Sky Owner Manuals in .pdf Format

Thats a good move and thanks for posting the link for others.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Has the GM Onwers center already shut down? I see Saturn models are still listed when trying to register a vehicle. I can't register for some reason, so I don't know if its from the site not allowing Saturn onwers or my information not being recognized

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SaturnRL View Post
Has the GM Onwers center already shut down? I see Saturn models are still listed when trying to register a vehicle. I can't register for some reason, so I don't know if its from the site not allowing Saturn onwers or my information not being recognized

The GM Owner Center (my page states Saturn Owner Center) is still up as I was able to login just now.

If I recall correctly, Saturn / GM had sent a message several months ago stating the Owner Center wouldn't be available to us anymore after September or October(?). My guess is that since the Penske deal fell through, GM is continuing to support the Owner Center for Saturn owners.

Frankly, I'm hoping the site will continue to be available after Saturn folds as many of us will continue having our Saturns serviced at GM dealerships. Afterall, it is called the GM Owner Center. It only makes sense to have continuity.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post
The GM Owner Center (my page states Saturn Owner Center) is still up as I was able to login just now.

If I recall correctly, Saturn / GM had sent a message several months ago stating the Owner Center wouldn't be available to us anymore after September or October(?). My guess is that since the Penske deal fell through, GM is continuing to support the Owner Center for Saturn owners.

Frankly, I'm hoping the site will continue to be available after Saturn folds as many of us will continue having our Saturns serviced at GM dealerships. Afterall, it is called the GM Owner Center. It only makes sense to have continuity.
I was able to register manually. What a waste of time that turned out to be. There is nothing on there worthwhile. On my truck I can view a PDF copy of the owners manual and the getting to know your vehicle brochure, not on Saturns page though. If they do keep it around, they do need to add some content to the pages. As it sits right now, it's pretty much useless

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
VWCarcrazy
Advanced Member
VWCarcrazy is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

I had the owner's manual homepage bookmarked. You can't get to it from the Saturn.com site any longer, but it is still there (for now) - so you might want to download copies while you still can:

http://www.saturn.com/pages/mds/owners/manuals.do

Note in upper left corner of page, manuals available back to the 2004 - all models. Maybe some industrious person would be willing to download all the 2004-2009 manuals and talk to Charlie about posting them on the Site.

And yes, the Owner's Center is still there too:

http://www.gm.com/gmownercenter/saturn/

Best luck.

2008 Aura XE 2.4L
Ocean Mist/Titanium

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VWCarcrazy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VWCarcrazy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VWCarcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
ToledoEngineer
ToledoEngineer is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
1992 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWCarcrazy View Post
I had the owner's manual homepage bookmarked. You can't get to it from the Saturn.com site any longer, but it is still there (for now) - so you might want to download copies while you still can:

http://www.saturn.com/pages/mds/owners/manuals.do
Yes, you can.

On Monday (15Mar2010) I went to saturn.com and found the owners manual to check the preferred power steering fluid (as I am about 3" too low in the reservoir tube). And I just double checked it's existance just now. My old bookmark to where it once was is now broken, as that page not longer exists. But the pdfs are still avaliable on saturn.com. Just click on the name of your vehicle under it's picture and then click "Get Owner's Manual" halfway down the right side of the next page. You then just choose the year and then the model (again). And there it is.

"Education is the progressive realization of our own ignorance"

1992 SL1: 149k miles
2008 Sky RL: 35k miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ToledoEngineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ToledoEngineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ToledoEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Yup. The above link in the previous post / quote is still good. I'd suggest downloading the manual to your computer's HD ASAP in case the page no longer can be found. One day it's there, the next, it's gone. We all know how that can go.

The '07, 08 and '09 manuals are also available via PDF format on skyroadster.com. The '08 manual seems to be a large file size and had to be broken down into 3 files due to the file upload size limit.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 03-19-2010 at 08:30 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote