SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
poleengineer
poleengineer is on a distinguished road

Default 2nd xr for the family

Well i just purchased our family's second xr from a dealer in MD that had a 2007 with 454 miles on it for 15800. I could not believe that they took it. The 2007 car of the year for that price. The car has all the options except leather which my first one does not have either, not a fan so no big deal. One more thing the warranty started Friday, the XR never had a titled owner so the three year warrant just started. I will thank GM for giving the car of the year away becuase they can not advestize their best products.
XR Aura Fan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to poleengineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help poleengineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
poleengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #2
modert
modert is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: 2nd xr for the family

Congrats, nice score!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to modert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help modert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
modert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
billwill
billwill is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it. Every one of my friends or family members who have ridden in or driven my Aura XR have either bought one themselves or are considering a purchase as we speak! I hope GM keeps the brand. My dealer has periodic "customer meetings" where Saturn owners come in for a couple of hours one evening and have a sandwich buffet and are presented with updates on Saturn and features. They also have their sales, service, electronics and mechanical experts on hand to answer or clarify any questions customers may have. At the end of the meeting, they then give a "goodie bag" to every one who participated, and the bags have neat things like travel mugs, car wash and polish, T-shirts, caps, etc. You can't beat my dealer; they let customers know how appreciated they are. Great PR.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billwill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billwill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Congratulations! Sounds like an awesome deal to get a technically brand new Aura for such a great deal! Also, at the beginning of it's warranty!

Congratulations! We'd love to see pictures!

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

sounds like a great deal. what was the deal with the car that it sat 2 years and didnt sell?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
sounds like a great deal. what was the deal with the car that it sat 2 years and didnt sell?
Honestly, it's not the only one. Quite a few dealers, still, somehow have new 2007's continuing to linger around. From what I've seen, a lot have taken them and made them into demo's with a few hundred miles and then attempted to sell them even cheaper, but still no dice. Leftover is a standard Aura term, and has been for a while, sadly.

You still got a great deal on a rather loaded car, so 2 years old or not, it's still starting fresh and "new" in the important ways...with the added bonus of being used car cheap.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
poleengineer
poleengineer is on a distinguished road

Well here is the link on ebay with the pictures. Yes this was the dealer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220336716486[/URL]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to poleengineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help poleengineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
poleengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
XR524
XR524 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by poleengineer View Post
Well i just purchased our family's second xr from a dealer in MD that had a 2007 with 454 miles on it for 15800. I could not believe that they took it. The 2007 car of the year for that price. The car has all the options except leather which my first one does not have either, not a fan so no big deal. One more thing the warranty started Friday, the XR never had a titled owner so the three year warrant just started. I will thank GM for giving the car of the year away becuase they can not advestize their best products.
XR Aura Fan
finally someone who found a better deal than me! I purchased an 07 XR fully loaded w/ leather etc with 17k miles for $16,999 out the door. Dang that really is a crazy good deal! Your new XR should have been at least 19, and as high as 22 with only 450 miles on it! was it a demo? maybe thats why it woudl be that cheap...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
VWCarcrazy
Advanced Member
VWCarcrazy is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

In some cases, Saturns on the "new" lot that have more that "100 or so", but less than 1500 miles on them are vehicles that were returned by the owner under the Saturn return policy. I was told this by my dealer when we were looking at new Aura's. They had one with the color and options we were looking at, but it had approx 200 miles on it. When I asked why so many miles, the response was that the car was returned because of "small scratch" and the front fender was repainted. The car was still being marketed as "new" and qualified for all the rebates, etc. So, I was told to watch out for any Saturns on the new, or used, lots with approx 1500 or less miles on them - or at least to get an explanation of why. I would have considered the returned unit with the repaired scratch, but the dealer would not deduct any additional from the price for it (supposedly "Saturn Policy"). Our dealer also had some demos, factory executive and "drivers training" vehicles available also. But again, they had 2000-3000 miles on them and the discount was minimal. So we bought another one off the lot that had "zero" miles on it. OK with us, we still got a great deal @ $17,800 (vs the almost $21K sticker) after the X-Plan and rebates, and they gave us high "excellent condition" KBB trade-in value for our trade (May 2008 on a 2008 Aura XE). No negotiating, most pain-free car purchase we have ever made. Unfortunately, the dealership location closed in November 2008.

2008 Aura XE 2.4L
Ocean Mist/Titanium

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VWCarcrazy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VWCarcrazy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VWCarcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

when saturn had exchange the exchange vehicle program customers had to sign a form that says they are buying an exchange vehicle and why it was returned. last 8 of the vin and i can tell what it is. still seems very odd to me that its an 07 but new.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote