SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
BigAl
BigAl is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Long time member returns.

I'm reintroducing myself as I haven't been in here in almost 6 years.
I'm Allen. I hail from North Carolina.
I got out of the Saturn game after I turned in my '06 VUE a few years back.
I'm back with an '07 ION-2 and an '07 VUE v-6 AWD. I picked up both pretty cheap. These are my 8th and 9th Saturns, respectively.

I'm glad to see the forums still up and relatively active. I hope I'll be around for a while this time.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BigAl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BigAl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
cgg17
cgg17 will become famous soon enoughcgg17 will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Long time member returns.

Welcome back. I always like to see members returning, and new members joining. It lets me know that the community is still alive.

1994 Sl2 5spd: 56,576 (Totaled 1/10/2018)
1995 Sl2 5spd Manual Swap: 150,062
1999 Sl2 4spd: 98,8xx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cgg17's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cgg17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cgg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 AM   #3
Francophile50
Francophile50 is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

For you to have bought 9 Saturn's speaks volumes. this has got to be the greatest brand that you've ever owned have you owned any other car more? Do you buy a lot of cars normally? I love the brand too but I only bought 5. anyway congratulations and I'm so glad that you're helping to save the brand from going to the scrap yard. Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Francophile50's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Francophile50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Francophile50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
BigAl
BigAl is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2007 VUE 3.5L

We have owned 45 cars over the last 21 years. My wife jokes that I have automotive commitment issues. 90% of the cars were cash cars that I paid less than $1000 for. 3 I financed, 2 of them got repossessed under very shady circumstances(NEVER deal with no-name finance companies, but that's another story for another day). A few died, a few got wrecked, a couple were project cars, and the rest I resold.
The brands in the lead so far are Saturn and Dodge/Chrysler

The Saturns I own/owned are:
1995 SL2 auto in Plum/Grey interior.
1995 SL1 manual in Aquamarine/Grey interior
1999 SL2 auto in Medium Red/Tan interior
1999 SL1 manual in Silver Plum/Grey interior
2000 SL manual in Silver/Grey interior
2000? SL1 Auto Medium Gold/grey interior
2006 VUE FWD 4cyl manual in Chili Pepper Red/Grey interior
2007 Ion-2 sedan manual in Cosmic Quartz/Grey interior
2007 VUE AWD V-6 auto in Laser Blue/Tan interior

I used to read a lot of car magazines as a young man and became intrigued with the Saturn story the first time I read about them(I think it was 1989). I thought the car looked cool when it came out and tried to convince my mom to buy one. She didn't like automatic seatbelts so she wouldn't. Flash forward to 1995 and my mom was in the market for a new car. She bought a 1995 SL1. I relearned to drive a manual in that car at the age of 18, I got my first speeding ticket in it too...lol. A love affair was born. As it turned out, my girlfriend's sister had a 1995 SC1, too. I bought my 1995 SL2 in 1999 and have been picking them up here and there ever since.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BigAl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BigAl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:57 PM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Welcome back, BigAl! I'm a fan of the Carolina's since travelling through there in '85. I found both states attractive!

295,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote