SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #1
Rick Shaw
Rick Shaw is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Magnaflow 16506 Chevy Malibu Exhaust

Hi all, this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2008 Aura XR with 75000 on the odometer. The car is all original except for the tires. It seems like the struts/shocks are still in good shape and the transmission is shifting good. The only thing is the ISS popping. So, I really like the car and I'm wanting to give it a little more personality with a different exhaust and I'm wondering if anyone has tried to install the Magnaflow 16506 exhaust for the Chevy Malibu.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rick Shaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rick Shaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rick Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #2
Rick Shaw

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: Magnaflow 16506 Chevy Malibu Exhaust

So, 57 views and no replies. Did I ask a question that's been answered a bunch of times already? I looked through this forum and could not find an answer to my question.

Rick Shaw
2008 Aura XR
Carbon Flash Metallic
1998 Pontiac Trans Am
2000 Pontiac Trans Am Convertible
2005 Victory Vegas
What can I say, I like dinosaurs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Rick Shaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

The Pontiac G6 forums will have all kinds of information regarding exhaust, intake, tuning and other modifications. Youtube will also have collection of exhaust clips as well. I would check all the G6 and Malibu forums, this one for the Aura's usually doesn't entail modifications, usually just maintenance or questions and answers about other concerns.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5-Sport tuning T10 wheels-Dynomax bullet/Borla ProXS-eBay intake-Pioneer Premier 12 shallow mount/Kicker CXA600.1
Upgrades coming!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to explorerbigjon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help explorerbigjon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
dano92sl
dano92sl has a spectacular aura aboutdano92sl has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC2
2008 AURA XR

Agree that this forum has mostly become about repairs as the cars get older and there are fewer Auras around. I'd suspect the exhaust would have been listed under Saturn on the magnaflow site if it fit, since they do show cats for our cars. I think others had twin mufflers added in place of the single by custom exhaust shops.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dano92sl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dano92sl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dano92sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #5
Rick Shaw

2008 AURA XR

So, I called Magnaflow yesterday and asked if their 16506 Chevy Malibu cat back would fit a Saturn Aura of the same year and power train. The product guy I talked to looked up a bunch of information about the two factory exhausts, comparing them to each other and he said it should fit. YMMV

Rick Shaw
2008 Aura XR
Carbon Flash Metallic
1998 Pontiac Trans Am
2000 Pontiac Trans Am Convertible
2005 Victory Vegas
What can I say, I like dinosaurs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #6
dano92sl
dano92sl has a spectacular aura aboutdano92sl has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC2
2008 AURA XR

That's nice to know. I hope you'll let us know if you end up getting one, and if its truly bolt on or needs some modification (cutting/welding).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dano92sl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dano92sl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dano92sl is offline   Reply With Quote