SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
Swat ss
Swat ss is on a distinguished road

Default Name this part and part number (2007 Ion-2)

2007 saturn ion-2 (2.2L) I'm looking for the part number for the wiring harness that connects to each individual coil pack. I've been trying to find it and don't seem to be having any luck. I guess it would be called the engine wiring harness, or the ignition wiring...?

I'd rather not have to go to GM for it, but I guess that's my next step. Where else can I purchase this harness?

2007 Saturn Ion 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Swat ss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Swat ss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Swat ss is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Swat ss

Default Re: Name this part and part number (2007 Ion-2)

Anyone?

2007 Saturn Ion 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Swat ss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Swat ss

I think I found what I need. Just in case anyone wants to know.. here is what I ordered. We will see if it works..

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/.../15816766.html

2007 Saturn Ion 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
NickL30
NickL30 has a spectacular aura aboutNickL30 has a spectacular aura about

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I was wanting to assume that it is all part of the engine wiring harness. Why are you replacing it? Did some of the wires break? Only options of places to get it would probably be a salvage yard somewhere or GM honestly. I can't see how that is a seperate piece from the rest of the harness so invest in a sautering iron, heat shrink tubing and electrical tape or does it plug in somehow?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NickL30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NickL30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NickL30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #5
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Looking at that diagram, I'm thinking that you are going to have a tough time with that part.

NickL is correct that the ignition coil connectors are integrated as a part of the engine harness.

If you notice in the description of the part you purchased, it says:
"CONNECTOR,COIL-IGN(INCLUDES CONNECTOR, WIRES, SEALS & SPLICE SLEEVES ONLY.)"

This indicates that this is a service part meant for you to cut the old section of the harness out and splice this replacement part in, with the most reliable method of doing that being saudering the leads together.

The other issue with this part is that it is meant for the 2.4 LE5/LAT Ecotecs. Based on your photos in another thread, it looks like you have an ION 2, which has a 2.2 Ecotec. The 2007 2.2's shared a lot of components with 2.4 LE5 because they were upgraded to a GenII block, but I don't know if the ignition coil harnesses are identical between the engines.

Why are you attempting to replace the coil harness? Did you test out swapping coils to figure out the cause of your misfire? Have you replaced the plugs, and if so, what brand did you use? The Ecotec's tend to be picky about the brand of plug. Most owners stick to the AcDelco Iridiums as they are often the cheapest iridium plug for this application and they provide the best performance (aka no issues/misfires).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote