SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
SL2Master
SL2Master is on a distinguished road

Idea Glove Compartment lighting

Yea so once upon a time there was a cool company that lived in the world of constant daylight. This company made cars without glove compartment lights and figured that there is no need to see inside your glove compartment if it ever gets dark anyway..

Yea so now that I've done my classic obsene freakish storyline behind my Mod..

I recently have found myself going in my glove compartment at night and I haven't been able to find that piece of paper I'm looking for or that one screw that will be key in something I'm doing at a friends house. So I thought to myself, "Self we need to make a pressure push button switch light assembly in order to have a light come on when the glove compartment is opened." I went to radio shack and they have these.. SPDT Switches with Roller Levers or with just flat levers.. I figure oh yea thats cool.. but is that momentary? and well I'm gonna need it so when the lever is down the light is off and when the lever and button are up the light is on.. well I have no freaking clue how to do that because most things work in reverse of that.. Hmm well Someone here if you've done this in an easier way or know how please reply and help me..

- Your fellow saturn enthusiast -
----------- Blind at Night ------------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2Master's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2Master reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
bbriand
bbriand is on a distinguished road

I wired on in using that exact same switch from Radio Shack in my center arm rest console. Works so good I just bought another one for my glove compartment. Buy the switch and don't worry about the problem you mentioned as long as it has 3 prongs coming off the bottom of it.

With those three prongs you can have the switch turn something on when opend or closed. You just have to find the common prong and then figure out which one is the open position switch and which one is when it is depressed. So you could actually have it turn on one thing when pressed down and have it turn on something completely different when its open... now what to make that would use that functionality.

Let us know how it goes. Remember if you don't place it just right you can bend the arm a bit near the end with a roller - just be carefull not to over do it!

Bill

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bbriand's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bbriand reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!