SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2019, 06:57 AM   #1
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Default Good thing it' s legal

Our collection went up by two this month.

A 92 SC2 - we towed home - for parts.

And yesterday - I drove home a 2001 SC2, manual - in yellow. I live on the west side of Michigan - and the previous owner who lives in Flint - met us in Lansing. ( my SO rode with me, and drove back our 99 SC2.)

My inspection mirror revealed what appears to be a very solid underbody. I' ll get it on the lift in the next day or so.

It drove very well - very quiet - but with one loud low speed clunk on the passenger's side that' s suspension. I suspect a broken strut spring. No engine codes - no smoke - very smooth running.

Some external cosmetic issues. It' ll need a new front passenger side fender, hood and windshield, plus's a driver's side mirror.

$750.

And - it smelled like a bong inside. Good thing Michigan legalized recreational weed. I would have hated trying to explain it to a cop, if I got pulled over..

I suspect that might have had something to do with why the kid sold it. The goofy ******* forgot his digital dope scale in the passenger' s seat back pouch. I think the cops had the number of the kid in the canary yellow Saturn, and the kid got sick of getting pulled over.

Just a guess.

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
3 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2
Default Re: Good thing it' s legal

It could be he maneuvered in a failed attempt to avoid a skunk and hit a deep pothole in the process. Try spraying Fabreze™ on the undercarriage and post the results.

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #3
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Nice additions to your fleet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinebiker View Post
$750.

And - it smelled like a bong inside. Good thing Michigan legalized recreational weed. I would have hated trying to explain it to a cop, if I got pulled over..

I suspect that might have had something to do with why the kid sold it. The goofy ******* forgot his digital dope scale in the passenger' s seat back pouch.
That reminds me, I need to pull up the rear seat bottom cushion one day to see what is under there

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #4
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpdraft View Post
It could be he maneuvered in a failed attempt to avoid a skunk and hit a deep pothole in the process. Try spraying Fabreze™ on the undercarriage and post the results.
This country boy KNOWS the difference.

This isn' t a skunk.....

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
3 96 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
onlinebiker
Advanced Member

Well - this is a first for me...

This car is the 21st Saturn we have bought - and it's the FIRST that does NOT have undercoating -- or anything other than surface rust.

THIS is the one I' m going to make into a show car....

I' m one happy camper!

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
3 96 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-16-2019, 08:44 PM   #6
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

That kid might show up at your house one day and say “Dude, where’s my car?”

• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:17 AM   #7
Chris Arnold
Chris Arnold is a jewel in the roughChris Arnold is a jewel in the roughChris Arnold is a jewel in the rough

So, 9 Saturns, not counting parts cars? Have you got a business or mental issues?! lol

Incidentally, it looks like you're missing a 94, 95, 98, and 00. So what's the plan?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chris Arnold's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chris Arnold reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chris Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:15 PM   #8
onlinebiker
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
So, 9 Saturns, not counting parts cars? Have you got a business or mental issues?! lol

Incidentally, it looks like you're missing a 94, 95, 98, and 00. So what's the plan?
Funny part - when I collected Harleys, nobody blinked.

The Saturns cost a lot less, and I enjoy them just as much....

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
3 96 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!