SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #61
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

well, to be fair, mercedes' built in europe haven't had the nicest quality and reliability in recent years.

when i get a car, i want something safe and reliable, and inexpensive, something i can depend on. i will be paying for it myself too, so i gotta choose wisely. i don't know if i would really want to have my parents buy me a car--it seems as though it would feel empty and hollow, even if it is a really cheap car that i buy.
"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2004, 01:25 AM   #62
EYEon
EYEon is on a distinguished road

OK someone, speculation or not, how much did he get?

EYEon
Old 10-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #63
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

I heard $45K
~D.J.~
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011
Old 10-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #64
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by OhioVueBoy
I heard $45K
~D.J.~
That is decent change but not a lot of money in the scheme of things.

Mercedes is something like 26th on one of the customer service indexes and a lot of it has to do with the Alabama built MLs being junk.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:47 PM   #65
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Precisely, Piney. While I have to admit our 2003 S500 has been the biggest pile of all of them we have owned, it has been minor niggles like headlamp ballasts and such that go south. The fan for the driver's cooled seat went out, it blew a set of headlamp ballasts, and for a while the COMAND system thought we were in South Africa, but other than that it has been decent. Our 2000 was relatively faultfree. My dad's looking at the 2005s, and keeps drooling over the S600. He's always wanted one... and I'm getting sick of hearing him harp about it - I hope he just buys the damn thing.
~D.J.~
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011
Old 10-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #66
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by OhioVueBoy
My dad's looking at the 2005s, and keeps drooling over the S600. He's always wanted one... and I'm getting sick of hearing him harp about it - I hope he just buys the damn thing.
~D.J.~
Tell him to wait for the '06...It looks like a mini Maybach.
Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2
Old 10-09-2004, 07:33 PM   #67
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
That is decent change but not a lot of money in the scheme of things.
For Chris's family, it was a considerable amount of money. Well, I should say it "could" have been, had he not bought a $34k BMW.

Quick story: A kid I go to school with was involved in an accident and got $100,000 out of it. I don't know how seriously injured he was, because I didn't really know him at the time. He just turned 18, so the money is now legally his. He went out and bought a brand new Mazda3...that's right, a 3. This is a kid who just had $100,000 handed to him. He could have bought a NEW X5, never mind a used one. Imo, he made a much wiser choice than Chris. But I guess that's a matter of opinion. This kid bought a nice $18k car, and saved he rest. Chris went over and above what he could afford, blew all the money in a week, and the only thing he got out of the accident is a $535 car payment for the next five years. Who is right, and who is wrong?....you decide.
Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2
Old 10-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #68
ChrisION
ChrisION is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by KrgION03
For Chris's family, it was a considerable amount of money. Well, I should say it "could" have been, had he not bought a $34k BMW.

Quick story: A kid I go to school with was involved in an accident and got $100,000 out of it. I don't know how seriously injured he was, because I didn't really know him at the time. He just turned 18, so the money is now legally his. He went out and bought a brand new Mazda3...that's right, a 3. This is a kid who just had $100,000 handed to him. He could have bought a NEW X5, never mind a used one. Imo, he made a much wiser choice than Chris. But I guess that's a matter of opinion. This kid bought a nice $18k car, and saved he rest. Chris went over and above what he could afford, blew all the money in a week, and the only thing he got out of the accident is a $535 car payment for the next five years. Who is right, and who is wrong?....you decide.
*cough*

You're just lucky I had gone back and edited that last post I made I could have said all about how you called me "sleezy," a "rich, arrogant, *******," "whit trash," that I live in a ghetto, "you'll lose the money and go back to being poor again," "why do low class people always buy nice cars," "I can't wait untill you file for bankruptcy," and "your parents are on drugs"... oops, I guess I just did :o: Maybe next time you'll think twice about telling someone else what they can and cannot afford I can't say for sure that I'm right, but I can say for sure that you aren't the one who is right Like I said before, me buying a BMW has no effect on your finances so why do you give a damn?
Old 10-09-2004, 08:05 PM   #69
cdp326
Master Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KrgION03

i like that story. i don't know why, maybe because it was sensible. although it wasn't too quick, lol.

if i found myself in a position with that much money i wouldn't buy something expensive. i would save much of it.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:08 PM   #70
cdp326
Master Member

also i really don't think there is a right or wrong here. i think it's just a matter of personal preference and sensibility.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:12 PM   #71
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisION
*cough*

You're just lucky I had gone back and edited that last post I made I could have said all about how you called me "sleezy," a "rich, arrogant, *******," "whit trash," that I live in a ghetto, "you'll lose the money and go back to being poor again," "why do low class people always buy nice cars," "I can't wait untill you file for bankruptcy," and "your parents are on drugs"... oops, I guess I just did :o: Maybe next time you'll think twice about telling someone else what they can and cannot afford I can't say for sure that I'm right, but I can say for sure that you aren't the one who is right Like I said before, me buying a BMW has no effect on your finances so why do you give a damn?
I don't give a damn, but likewise...if your so proud of your decision, why do you find the need to constantly defend yourself?

^Above, you successfully took all those comments that were said in a joking manner, and you knew it, and tried to use them to make me look like an ass. Also, I remember you saying how "you were a new person, and how you felt more arrogant and "high class" now that you got that money....you then said my "arrogance" rubbed off on you, then laughed about it...did you forget all that? Also, all these pointless comments I've made in the past are irrelevant. They were made in the past, and you clearly took them as a joke, as they were meant to be taken. How do I know this?...you continued to talk to me in aim well after I said all that stuff you just posted. Now you're bringing it up to defend yourself, when you shouldn't have to defend yourself in the first place. It's just my opinion. You have given your opinions to me multiple times, you just didn't post them on this forum for all to see. I wouldn't repeat them because it would offend a certain group of people. So please, stop twisting my words around, the things that come out of your mouth are just as bad, if not worse.
Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2
Old 10-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #72
ChrisION

Just for the record, whether those were intended as jokes or not, all those times I said "lol" were because I was patronising you There is a fine line that you have crossed several times when those "jokes" aren't really jokes anymore. If I said something to you like "you deserve to go bankrupt and be homeless," and then said "just kidding," would that still be just a little joke? And yeah, I continued to talk to you because I kept thinking maybe, for once, you'd be civil to me, but apparently I was wrong every single time... None the less, how I spend my money should not concern you as greatly as it does, opinions or not. Why can't Charlie just hurry up and lock/delete this thread? It's obviously no longer contributing anything meaningful to the SaturnFans community.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:35 PM   #73
KrgION03

Quote:
Just for the record, whether those were intended as jokes or not, all those times I said "lol" were because I was patronising you There is a fine line that you have crossed several times when those "jokes" aren't really jokes anymore. If I said something to you like "you deserve to go bankrupt and be homeless," and then said "just kidding," would that still be just a little joke? And yeah, I continued to talk to you because I kept thinking maybe, for once, you'd be civil to me, but apparently I was wrong every single time... None the less, how I spend my money should not concern you as greatly as it does, opinions or not.
A. Yes, if you said I deserved to go bankrupt, but intended it as a joke, I would care less. Why would I care?

B. If I was never civil to you, why did you ramble on to me about what cars you wanted to buy for over a year? Also, if I'm the one that's not civil...answer me this...How many people have you been blocked by on aim? There's a reason for that. It's because you do what you're doing now...you save all your conversations with people, and find away to use it against them in the future. I would think you'd be out driving that sweet bimmer, instead of digging through old files.
Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2
Old 10-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #74
KrgION03

Quote:
Just for the record, whether those were intended as jokes or not, all those times I said "lol" were because I was patronising you
Well, you never acted upset....maybe you should have and I would have stopped. Hell, even right now, if you told me your new screen name, I'd still chat with you...I don't hold grudges, and even if we don't agree on everything...it's nice to talk to someone else who, like me, is obssessed with cars.
Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2
Old 10-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #75
ChrisION

I would, except I've been sick for the past 3 days and haven't been out anywhere in it. Let's see... I've been blocked by two people... both of which I don't really have a burning desire to talk to anymore, anyway. I'm above them now, remember?

And you honestly wonder why I haven't given you my new screen name?
Old 10-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #76
KrgION03

Quote:
I'm above them now, remember?
right...

Quote:
And you honestly wonder why I haven't given you my new screen name?
No...I never said that, I know exactly why you won't give it to me. I said if you DID, give it to me...I would still like to talk with you about cars...which I like to do. You have the BMW, it's done, there's nothing left to argue about...right?
Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2
Old 10-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #77
ChrisION

If you say so... too bad it took 4 pages to get to this point...
Closed Thread