SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
micahhiggs
micahhiggs is on a distinguished road

1995 SL
Default Hello from Fort Leavenworth Kansas

So, my adventure with Saturn started three years ago. I was a brand new Private in need of a family car. Found a white 95 SL manual for $900 down in Kansas City. 210k miles? Yeah. It will last a few months till I get my tax return, maybe! Here I am 34k later...

I've had to replace the battery, plugs, cables, fan belt, and the little plastic shift thingy. When that thing broke I had to bust out my gerber, tear out the center console, and drive it home yanking on the cables to shift. Tricky little adventure. Skiped 3rd to 5th most of the time. Anyway, rockauto had the part and it was up and running four days later.

Now I joined to forum to get advice on a new Vue, as my wife wants something larger.

Army Strong,
SPC Higgs

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to micahhiggs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help micahhiggs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
micahhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
85HP
85HP is on a distinguished road

1993 SW1
1998 SW2
Default Re: Hello from Fort Leavenworth Kansas

Welcome to the forums!

I have no personal experience with the Vue, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of good advice here.

If you can, keep the SL... a white '95 with a stick is considered a classic worth restoring by a lot of folks around here, and it sounds like you can deal with any mechanical issues that might come along. Congrats on the quick work with the Gerber, I lost the gearstick on a Ford truck many years ago, 300 miles from home and it was a tense few hours driving back. (cable ties are your friend in this situation).

Best of luck with the Vue purchase.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 85HP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 85HP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
85HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
hoggman
hoggman has a spectacular aura abouthoggman has a spectacular aura abouthoggman has a spectacular aura about

1994 SL1
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Hello from Fort Leavenworth Kansas

please take good care of your little sl.i have a 94 and i cant part with it.original everthing as far as i know.the shifter thing went twice but both times in the driveway not on a left turn thank god.good luck to you and keep her rollin
steven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hoggman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hoggman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hoggman is offline   Reply With Quote