SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #21
Mud Road
Mud Road is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: 2006 Vue Bcm (body Control Module) Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmessner View Post
It is doubtful that the 'pulled the plug to reset' is going to fix your BCM problem.

I just pulled out my old service records (yes, I kept everything).
Yeh, so do I.

Quote:
I've got a bad feeling that you're going to be towed back to your dealer sooner rather than later.
I too, have a bad feeling like that.

Quote:
I'm curious what your milage is?
It died 2/8/07 at 11,759 miles. The outside temp was around 0 degrees. That might be a pattern...the folks from warmer climates in this thread haven't had this problem.

Quote:
Is your Vue AWD or FWD?
It's a FWD. My 1st Vue, the '03 VTI, was an AWD. I didn't have to use it that much. So with my '06, I figured it wasn't worth the complexity, reduced milage and cost.

By the way, I got rusty on editing these quotes. I'm trying to remember how to format them using the least amount of space. Is there a tutorial or the like somewhere on this forum?

Thanks,

Rich in Mich

Previous Saturns:
2003 Vue 4cyl, AWD, VTi
1997 SC-1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mud Road's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mud Road reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mud Road is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #22
jdmessner
jdmessner is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnVUE04 View Post
Does the BCM have anything to do with the random dinging (once every few months) I have after I start the car up and put it in reverse sometimes? It's the dinging like when you turn off the car, open the door, and still have the lights in the on position.
-Joe
04, 4cyl 5-speed
Yes, that is a symptom of a BCM problem. If you do a search, alot of 2002-2003 BCM's were replaced because of that problem. It would not surprise me if the problem carried over to 2004's too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdmessner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdmessner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdmessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #23
Mud Road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUESBROTHERS View Post
Like you, I got off the lease train and bought this one.
Well, I never really was on the lease train. I chose to live on an unpaved road 30 years ago and figured 2 or 3 trips down my road would make my lease car unreturnable. Country roads are murder on cars and trucks but I like it here in the boonies of northern Macomb Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUESBROTHERS
Here's hopin' I DON'T run into you at the dealership...except for routine maintence.
Yes, thanks for the reply. I'd sure like to know what's causing these failures. I was lucky...I was in my garage. JD really had it bad out on the turnpikes.

Rich in Mich

Previous Saturns:
2003 Vue 4cyl, AWD, VTi
1997 SC-1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Mud Road reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #24
jdmessner
jdmessner is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Ok, Mud Road..

(Puts on his detective's cap and gets his Sherlock Holmes pipe)

Here we have three (3) 2006 Saturn Vue's. All three share the same traits: 2006 models, V-6 engine, Front wheel drive, BCM glitch or failure at around the same milage. Two of the three BCM's were replaced.

Your BCM trapped codes U0121, U0073, U0140. My first BCM trapped codes U2108,U0140, U0121, U2100, U0073. We don't know what VuesBrothers BCM trapped (vuesbrothers, please post the trouble codes if your dealer provided them on your service ticket. I wish to compare notes.)

Your vue and mine share codes U0121, U0140 and U0073. Both codes showed up repeatedly on mine, despite the dealership's efforts.

Not jumping to conclusions, but I see the possibity of a pattern emerging. Is there any way that we can get a chart that would give a definition and symptom for those trouble codes? I want to know what sub-system would have triggered the U0073,U0140 and the U0121.

Hmmmm..... Very curious. Same engine, same milage, same drive train, same model year, same symptoms, same trouble codes. Very curious indeed.....

Now I really want to know what those trouble codes are.

Have you considered hiring a preist to perform an exorcisim?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdmessner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdmessner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdmessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #25
Mud Road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Is there any way that we can get a chart that would give a definition and symptom for those trouble codes? I want to know what sub-system would have triggered the U0073,U0140 and the U0121...Now I really want to know what those trouble codes are.
Well, JD,

I recall in the back if one of my Vue Owners Manuals, there was an order form to buy a "real" GM service manual for $75.(?) or some rediculous amount. I would expect there's a chart describing what these trouble codes mean.

Before I retired in 2000 from 31 years at the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI, I had access to any and all service manuals for GM cars and trucks going back to the 70's. These manuals are archived in records retention for a number of reasons, one of which was product litigation. I used them for the technical illustrations I made for assembly instructions for the plants. I got a lot of personal use out of those manuals, on my lunch hour, of course.

I think any GM dealer can order a current Vue service manual if they still make them and you want to spend the dough. That's where I'd look for the codes. Another source might be the companies who make diagnostic devices for independent car service garages...they've got to have instructions for their machines.

I'm trying not to lose sleep over this major unknown failure, but it does make you wonder if it will happen again.

No, I didn't think about hiring an exorcist, but a Buddist Monk might help, like the ones in the movie "Air America" where Mel Gibson always had some monk bless his Fairchild C-123 and other aircraft.

Good Luck on your quest!

Rich in Mich

Previous Saturns:
2003 Vue 4cyl, AWD, VTi
1997 SC-1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #26
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

[QUOTE=Mud Road;1001902]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post

You can research this forum, which has absolutely 100% of all the bad things posted about Saturn and maybe 5% of the good about Saturn.

Ain't that the truth. Just look at some of my posts with my '03 4cyl VTI.

I hope those days are over, but ya never know.
That's because people are posting for help with their cars. This is true of ALL auto forums. Look around, you'll see that's the nature of auto forums. If the 90% with NO problems posted update messages of their good luck you'd need to filter them all out just to see the bad.

Go to any Honda, Toyota, Audi auto forums you'll see that's the rule of the land...

Granted the VTi experiment was a horrible injustice to all Saturn owners. I believe politics and the want to give Saturn some cutting edge technology was the reasoning behind it. Unfortunately it went very wrong and unfairly taxed a number of Saturn owners. I don't feel Saturn played the VTi owners a fair hand.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #27
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Road View Post
Well, JD,

I recall in the back if one of my Vue Owners Manuals, there was an order form to buy a "real" GM service manual for $75.(?) or some rediculous amount. I would expect there's a chart describing what these trouble codes mean.

Before I retired in 2000 from 31 years at the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI, I had access to any and all service manuals for GM cars and trucks going back to the 70's. These manuals are archived in records retention for a number of reasons, one of which was product litigation. I used them for the technical illustrations I made for assembly instructions for the plants. I got a lot of personal use out of those manuals, on my lunch hour, of course.

I think any GM dealer can order a current Vue service manual if they still make them and you want to spend the dough. That's where I'd look for the codes. Another source might be the companies who make diagnostic devices for independent car service garages...they've got to have instructions for their machines.

I'm trying not to lose sleep over this major unknown failure, but it does make you wonder if it will happen again.

No, I didn't think about hiring an exorcist, but a Buddist Monk might help, like the ones in the movie "Air America" where Mel Gibson always had some monk bless his Fairchild C-123 and other aircraft.

Good Luck on your quest!

Rich in Mich
I paid around $200 for my manuals for my 1992 Service manuals in 1992. It seems the manuals for my 2006 are not as well laid out, or written. I believe I paid about the same for my 2006 manuals. I have more books with the 2006.

I like staying in Sterling Heights when I go to Detroit. That must have been one hell of a library of service manuals...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #28
BobbyP
Master Member

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

The following modules use the CAN (Controller Area Network) serial data bus. BCM, EBCM, ECM/PCM, TCM on L61 engine. The modules share information and commands. Each message is tagged by the transmitter module

U2100 error is when no communication is detected on the CAN (Controller Area Network) serial data circuit. This can be caused by a short to the battery, or a short between the CAN high and low circuits.

U2108 error is lost communication with EBCM(electronic brake control module).

U0121 error is lost communication with EBCM(electronic brake control module).
Caused by poor connection at the inoperative module, or an improperly powered module.

U0140 error is lost communication with BCM(Body Control Module)

U0073 error does not have a current status.

I suspect a problem in the actual CAN serial wiring, and not an actual module. Handling the wiring during BCM replacement probably temporarily made a good connection.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #29
Mud Road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2007 ION-2 Sedan

My last post didn't show up yet, so I can't edit it.

I am definitely getting an extended warranty before the price goes up again in October. Either the 5/60,000 or the 6/75,000 with $100 deductible.

Rich in Mich

Previous Saturns:
2003 Vue 4cyl, AWD, VTi
1997 SC-1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #30
golftango
golftango is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, that is a symptom of a BCM problem. If you do a search, alot of 2002-2003 BCM's were replaced because of that problem. It would not surprise me if the problem carried over to 2004's too.
Yes, that occured with my '04 too. Lights flashing, etc. The BCM was replaced. Now the other day, it started "dinging" again, so we'll see. 36K miles on my VUE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #31
1DOGLVR
1DOGLVR is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2006 VUE 2.2L

I know this thread is getting old, but I just had the same problem this week, and the dealer attached the TSB (I think!) to his copy of the paperwork, and I wanted to share some of that with you, should you need it, or know someone who does...I've read this whole thread, and did not see the same stuff, I'm posting here...please forgive me if I missed it and am posting it again.

The Vue is on 06, Cypress Green I4...not the V6 that most of you have mentioned. 55,700 on her now and this is the second time this has happened; the first time in Oct 2008...so that would have been 10K + miles ago.

The date of the GM paperwork was 02/26/2007, clearly documenting the DTC U0140 code in this post. The document ID number is 1910900, and the code on the top of the document was 07-08-47-003 - I'm assuming that is the actual TSB, but I can't confirm that. The part number for the revised (according to the document) BCM is 25779919.

I'm a bit surprised (and concerned) that the same failure would happen within a 9 month period, and from what I can see, both of the replacement BCM's were of the new variety...I of course have no way to know that, but the dealer had a BCM in stock, and took less than a day to complete the repairs.

This car has been more troublesome that my other Vue, which is a week newer from the dealer, and a V6, as opposed to the I4. The only thing that I can say is that we've had electrical problems with car from the get-go, and I've had none on my Vue. Hers has a sunroof, which mine does not...I do wonder if that's another common denominator with those of you who have had these problems!

My V6 Vue is almost at 54,000 miles, and I'm taking a big swing thru the Midwest this summer, so I am trusting that I'll have another 3,000 or more trouble free miles this summer!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1DOGLVR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1DOGLVR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1DOGLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #32
NiteFlite
NiteFlite is on a distinguished road

I have a 2003 VUE with V6 and AWD. For the most part it has been fine, with the usual wear and tear. What I do find, aside from the breaks and rotors being crap (I also have a 2006 V6 Honda VUE), is this oddity called the BCM.

Unlike the OP who's had starting problems, my VUE only shows it through the door locks. The FOB works with no problem. The doors auto lock and unlock when shifting between park and drive. However, I can unlock the door with the door button, but it wont lock the door by pressing the other half. I was told the BCM needs to be replaced.

Haven't bothered.

I also suspect the rear differential on my AWD VUE gets locked up in tight slow turns, but again, its not worth the amount to fix it now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NiteFlite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NiteFlite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NiteFlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #33
VUESBROTHERS
VUESBROTHERS is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR

Quote:
Ok, Mud Road..

Here we have three (3) 2006 Saturn Vue's. All three share the same traits: 2006 models, V-6 engine, Front wheel drive, BCM glitch or failure at around the same milage. Two of the three BCM's were replaced.

Your BCM trapped codes U0121, U0073, U0140. My first BCM trapped codes U2108,U0140, U0121, U2100, U0073. We don't know what VuesBrothers BCM trapped (vuesbrothers, please post the trouble codes if your dealer provided them on your service ticket. I wish to compare notes.)

Your vue and mine share codes U0121, U0140 and U0073. Both codes showed up repeatedly on mine, despite the dealership's efforts.

Not jumping to conclusions, but I see the possibity of a pattern emerging. Is there any way that we can get a chart that would give a definition and symptom for those trouble codes? I want to know what sub-system would have triggered the U0073,U0140 and the U0121.

Hmmmm..... Very curious. Same engine, same milage, same drive train, same model year, same symptoms, same trouble codes. Very curious indeed.....

Now I really want to know what those trouble codes are.

Have you considered hiring a preist to perform an exorcisim?
jdmessner,

Been a while since Ive read/posted out here (been too busy putting miles on the VUE and living life). This Saturn has been trouble free since that 9K mile BCM glitch. She has just about 40,000 miles on her now. Still runs like raped ape and consistenly gives me 19-20 mpg around town and 27 on the highway.

Here is a quote from my Service Invoice back in February, 2007.

TECH COMM

Inspected and found battery dead. Charged battery. Found BCM locked up.
Replaced BCM due to internal short.

Repair 1 computer (control), Body - Replace
OPCode N4800

Parts 25779919 Module

End of Quote.

Hope this helps define a pattern, if any, on these.

Anybody know what that N4800 code stand for?

Regards,

Jim

'09 XR FWD, Bluetooth, Nav, O/H DVD, 8 Pass, Leather, Htd Seats, Tow Pkg, Moon, Sky Light, Conv Pkg, Bose Surround Audio Pkg, Enhanced Conv Pkg, HID, 2-Way Advanced Remote

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUESBROTHERS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUESBROTHERS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUESBROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #34
Locket
Locket is on a distinguished road

I've just read up on what you all have been going through and also have an ominous sense of forboding about my Vue.

I bought a used '06 Vue V6 in summer '07. A year or so later, it failed to start in a parking lot...techs replaced the BCM. It sucked, but no big deal.

Last week (less than 12 months after the last BCM replacement), the same thing happened (CODE U1000). Yesterday, it happened again. It's still at the dealer while they hopefully figure out what's really happening.

WTF!? Is this some kind design flaw? Every car I've ever bought has been a Saturn because they are so reliable and now this is happening!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Locket's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Locket reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Locket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #35
08city
08city is on a distinguished road

the body control module goes into safemode for some strange reason. If you go to the fuse box on the passenger side, and fine the fuse for the bcm/gauge remove the fuse give it a second, and reinstall. There you go, bcm problem fixed!!!! Dont look for a bad fuse as it wont be popped, just the bcm needs to be reset by cutting the power to the unit and powering it back up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 08city's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 08city reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
08city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #36
Martinez
Martinez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2007 Vue Bcm (body Control Module) Failure

I have the 07 Saturn Vue with 149k miles V6 AWD. I just stated having this same issue. But I thought I had fixed it with reprogramming the key (keeping it on for 10minx3 times reset). It worked for a week and then it did again (reprogramed it again). And now the next day it did it again! This time we waited 1 hour and just turned the car on and it stayed on! It has been 3 days and no issue… any advice? A Mechanic friend says maybe just replace the key lock cylinder or the BCM. I have no engine light just every now and then the alarm light turns on and blinks sometimes. (Also IDK if this matter but once a month or so my key won’t even let turn the ignition switch! I have to wait a bit or turn it very carful to get the key to turn)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Martinez's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Martinez reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote