SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
stranger666
stranger666 is on a distinguished road

Question BCM (body control module) question

Hi All!
My 2000 L-series V6 station wagon (42000 miles) was recently diagnosed with a BCM (body control module) failure. The estimate to fix it at the dealer's shop is $600. Does anybody know if it is a fair price or maybe it's something that is not too complicated to replace myself?
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.
Anton

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stranger666's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stranger666 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stranger666 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: BCM (body control module) question

It needs to be programmed by your Saturn dealer.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:02 AM   #3
Bigdaddy94sc2
Bigdaddy94sc2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
2005 VUE 3.5L

That sounds about right... It has to be programmed using SSS, which is pretty much dealer only. You can buy it and put it in in the parking lot, but for the cost of the part, might as well have them do it for the hour or so labor they charge to R & R...

GM, Saturn, and ASE certified Technician. Always glad to try to help, just ask!!! Now own an 06 ION.2 as of 7/2/06 with 2988 and counting (7/28/06) 13131 as of (1/8/07) 24901 as of (7/30/07)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigdaddy94sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigdaddy94sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bigdaddy94sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
sl_don
sl_don is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

the BCM controls your power locks (keyless entry) AC controls, anti theft, some lighting and handles all the communication between the PCM, OBD II conector and the Air bag computer. so if you want everything to work properly it will have to be programed by the dealer with all of the options equiped on your car.

You might be able to get one from a scrap yard but if the options are different the all of you accesories may not work properly.

600 dose not sound bad for a car computer. especially installed.

when i was in auto parts a PCM generaly went for 1000 or more before installation.

If it isn't broken.........Your not trying hard enough

2002 SL first brand new car in my family since the 1981 Pontiac Phoenix (sold)
2004 Vue AWD V6 bought used (current)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sl_don's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sl_don reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sl_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
slovenian
slovenian is on a distinguished road

I have a LW200 and my BCM is also giving me problems. The Grand Rapids dealer said it would be $575 to replace the BCM and reprogram it which takes aboug 30 minutes. I was told that the LW300's are more expensive for service than the LW200's.

I have found that I can reset it when it fails by taking out the 15A BCM fuse in the box under the hood and replacing it to reset the BCM- then the car works.

..............Jim

ps. after reading all the problems with the, BCM it seems that they should recall them!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slovenian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slovenian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
slovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #6
s3nfo
s3nfo has a spectacular aura abouts3nfo has a spectacular aura abouts3nfo has a spectacular aura about

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Well, Jim, reseting the power is working for now, but one of these mornings at 3 AM the lights are going to start flashing and the horn is going to start honking.

Recalls are only for safety related items, BCM's are not safety related, so no recall no matter how many fail.

Jerry N

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Groucho Marx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s3nfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s3nfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s3nfo is offline   Reply With Quote