SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 05:42 AM   #1
DonF
DonF is on a distinguished road

Mad Body Control Module BCM Replacement

I've got a 2003 VUE AWD V6 and at 48000 miles have to replace the BCM at an estimated cost of $800. Is anybody else out there had to replace the BCM after the warranty and did it cost this much? I'm planning on calling the Saturn head-office today and complain about having to replace a component that requires removing the dash and having to replace it at 48000 miles. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

DonF (Not a happy camper!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DonF's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DonF reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2004, 09:00 AM   #2
IMkenNY
IMkenNY is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Body Control Module BCM Replacement

What symptoms is your Vue exibiting?

I once brought one of my fixed up crashed Vues in to Saturn for an saftey inspection and key fob programing and they told me I needed a BCM because the fobs could only unlock the Vue and not lock it. I took a pen out of my pocket and manually latched the tailgate lock (I had forgotten to adjust it before bringing it in) and proceeded to show them that I could now lock the Vue without a new BCM. Needless to say they were quite embarassed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IMkenNY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IMkenNY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
DonF
DonF is on a distinguished road

I'm losing the instruments, as in they are flashing on/off. The security light is flashing; the maintenance light is flashing; the power-steering electronic assist stops working. All of this starts after approximately 45 minutes of driving. Once I stop I can't set the alarm and the dome light acts like a strobe. The Saturn dealership saw all of this happen yesterday since I was coming from work and that was over 45 minutes away. I'm just upset about having to pay $800+ when I've done some searching on this site and I'm not the only one with a BCM problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DonF's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DonF reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:27 AM   #4
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonF
I'm just upset about having to pay $800+ when I've done some searching on this site and I'm not the only one with a BCM problem.
Join us over at the L-series forums regarding BCM's. They should be called BM's and all of them recalled and replaced. Who makes these POS's anyway?

Mine was replaced under warranty, but the cost to the dealer was 300 bux and some change.
I feel your pain.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
AdmiringTheVue
AdmiringTheVue is on a distinguished road

Dazed Re: Body Control Module BCM Replacement

Had the BCM replaced a few weeks ago at approximately 30,000 miles--the green DRL light stayed on all the time (while the lights were on).

Now the DRL light occasionally stays on for about a second when switching from high- to low-beam. I hope this new BCM is not doomed to failure...

BTW, does anyone know if the BCM controls the redirection of the HVAC output? After the BCM replacement, I get nothing from the floor vents, as my wife and I discovered last weekend during a long roadtrip to Canada in 10-20 degree F weather.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AdmiringTheVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AdmiringTheVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
bibliotech
bibliotech is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

[QUOTE=BTW, does anyone know if the BCM controls the redirection of the HVAC output? After the BCM replacement, I get nothing from the floor vents, as my wife and I discovered last weekend during a long roadtrip to Canada in 10-20 degree F weather.[/QUOTE]

More likely forgot to reconnect the heater hoses.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bibliotech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bibliotech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #7
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle bik
Mine was replaced under warranty, but the cost to the dealer was 300 bux and some change.
The dealer gets reimbursed from Saturn Corp. for warranty claims.

The former owner of a local Chevy dealer is in prison right now for convincing owners to pay for a warranty repair and getting GM to reimburse him, effectively getting twice the money for the job. There are other things he got busted for as well, such as performing unnecessary repairs and insurance fraud.

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonF
I've got a 2003 VUE AWD V6 and at 48000 miles have to replace the BCM at an estimated cost of $800. Is anybody else out there had to replace the BCM after the warranty and did it cost this much? I'm planning on calling the Saturn head-office today and complain about having to replace a component that requires removing the dash and having to replace it at 48000 miles. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

DonF (Not a happy camper!)
I understand your unhappiness. These really should not be failing at all, I believe they are a Motorola built/designed box. VUEs have a lot less BCM problems than L series vehicles do, thank god, but it really does suck.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread