SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay General

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
tableforSeven
tableforSeven is on a distinguished road

Default Automatic sliding door re-opening on it's own?

Anyone else having/had this problem?

Sometimes when I shut the automatic sliding door - it reopens for no reason. It does that 'ding' like there is something in the way causing it to reopen...but there is nothing there. I've had my Relay for 2 months now and this only started in the last 2 or so weeks....it's not happening EVERY time - but it is more frequent now than when it first happened.
Unless it gets too bad - I'm just adding it to the radio problems for them to check when it's due for a check-up in a month.

Anyone else?
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
Natedogg
Natedogg is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Automatic sliding door re-opening on it's own?

I had my SV6 do this just today. I think it got out of alignment because it acted weird the next time, but it worked ok since then.

Nate
Old 06-13-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
jnjfriedland
jnjfriedland is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-3
Default Re: Automatic sliding door re-opening on it's own?

Well - I test drove my new car that I'm buying (it had 8 whole miles on it) and it was doing that! When we first got in, the dealer turned the car on and then hit the button to close the door, it would almost close and then open back up with a message on the dash stating that there was something in the way (or something to that effect). The dealer had to go to the door, close it and push it in so it would stay closed. Then, when we got back from our test drive, with the car still on, my daughter tried to open the door from the inside and it buzzed like it was locked or something (at least it is the noise that the Honda makes when it is locked). So I tried pushing the button up front and it did the same thing. I took the keys out of the ignition and it worked fine. They are looking at it now to see what is wrong...obviously they will fix it before they give me posession of the car! I haven't technically paid for it yet, so it is OK
Closed Thread