SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Events
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
SC2Boy
SC2Boy is on a distinguished road

Default San Diego?????

How many are there of us in SD?? Myself and two friends(saturn owners), want to know.

SC2Boy, founding member, San Diego Saturn Society

No longer a Saturn owner, but always an S-Series lover.
1993 SL2, The one that started it.
1996 SC2, The one that made me work.
1998 SC2, The luxury.
Founder, San Diego Saturn Society

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
saturnsl293
Advanced Member
saturnsl293 is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2
Default Re: San Diego?????

I've seen a few people on here from around SD. I used to live out there before I had the Saturn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsl293's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsl293 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsl293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
SC2Boy

I'm looking for people that are interested in being part of the "San Diego Saturn Society". Our main goal is keeping S-series owners in their cars. All types of saturns welcome. PM if interested.

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SC2Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

I'm not a Saturn owner anymore...my family outgrew my Saturn. But I do live near San Diego, just a little bit north.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
Saturn #4
Saturn #4 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1996 SL1

My main interest is keeping my Saturn (s) running down the road under their own steam! Still in San Diego, as are 2 Saturns I own & one I sold. We are going to have to do an "organ" transplant to get one running car out of two not-really running SL1s. Gold '96 has chocolate milkshake coolant, Red '94 has tranny dropping out of gear while on freeway (after friend let it run out of tranny fluid...bad friend!). Thinking '94 motor into '96 chassis. Comments welcome!

6- '95 SL1 Gold - 58k mile!
5- '98 SL2 Pearl
#4 - '96 SL1 Lt Teal
3- '96 SL1 Gold -SUV vs SL2, = a draw
2- '97 SL1 Silver - Carjacked.
1- '94 SL1 Red- sold 2 friend

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn #4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn #4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn #4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
SC2Boy

Sounds like heck of a project. Now as far as I know there isn't any sort of organized Saturn club in So-Cal right? I'm 15 miles from downtown SD, just north of SD or Sd county?

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Saturndude82
Saturndude82 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

I am in Corona, Ca so closer to Orange Country and L.A. but I wouldnt mind joining your S.D. Saturn group. I am off the 15 fwy at Tom's Farms or Temescal Canyon Exit. I drive the "cleanest" 2002 SL1 in my opinion
17's, Eibach pro kit, Performance Spring Tech Struts, and Tint. All stock engine and exhaust.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturndude82's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturndude82 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturndude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
SC2Boy

Sounds like quite a nice one!!! Corona isn't that far away, glad to have you. If we had member numbers yours would be number 3!!!! I've been thinking of ways to kinda spread the word about this new group, so far I have nothing that wouldn't be annoying. For my job I drive around SD County all day and I see tons of saturns but I don't know how receptive they'd be to fliers under the wiper.

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
Saturndude82
Saturndude82 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

Yeah, flyers are a bit much, best is just to track a driver down when leaving their car. So lets do this, want to set a date and place to meet. How many do you have that would roll?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturndude82's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturndude82 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturndude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
Dutchman1954
Dutchman1954 is on a distinguished road

I live in East County, have owned a Ion 1 for four years now, just getting ready to turn over 60,000.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dutchman1954's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dutchman1954 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dutchman1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
sdsubzero4
sdsubzero4 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I live in Chula Vista. I have an '07 Aura

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sdsubzero4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sdsubzero4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sdsubzero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #12
SC2Boy

hi everyone, sorry I haven't been keeping up on this thread, lost job had to spend my time there. Anyway I'm back to work at a local Ford dealer and I'm ready to get people together. My friend and I want to make a run up to Julian on Aug. 22 taking some back roads. If anyone wants to join in just let me know and I'll set up a time. I'm just starting to get back to making some sort of club for all of us. I setup an e-mail address so that I don't fall behind on this thread SDSaturnSociety@gmail.com. Thanks everyone hope to talk to you soon.

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

"best is just to track a driver down when leaving their car"
No stalking!

I lived in Sun Diego for 16 years but left in 2000 What a great place.
And, there is nothing like a run to Julian- or Palomar Mtn.!
I WISH I could go with you. (But I would probably follow on my Suzuki )
Stop at Dudley's Bakery for me

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #14
SC2Boy

Well sorry to hear that you had to leave, I love it here born and raised. I drive a truck around the county all day long and sometimes I think about following that saturn to "talk to the driver, but then the whole let's not be creepy thing kicks in!" I'll be sure to stop to take a pic of saturns in front of it for you. Palomar is definetly next then maybe a run out to the desert in december. I'm hoping by the 22nd to get more cars involved and then on from there.

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-31-2009, 12:29 AM   #15
98s10ss
98s10ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2Boy View Post
How many are there of us in SD?? Myself and two friends(saturn owners), want to know.

SC2Boy, founding member, San Diego Saturn Society
Ah San Diego,wished we were there, we was just there not too long ago,Took the wife's 06 Vue no problems.
We stayed at the Kona Kai, there on Shelter Drive.I must say a most beautiful place,and surroundings. All of us are having San Diego withdraws.

I think the next time, were gonna fly though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98s10ss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98s10ss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98s10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:30 PM   #16
SC2Boy

I hope that you had a good time out here and that the weather cooperated for your stay. Part of the fun is just the drive out here, well at least in a saturn. It is sunny 76 Coast/86 Inland today

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #17
SC2Boy

Default SDSS Website

I'm putting up a website for the SD Saturn Society. Please take a look http://sites.google.com/site/sandiegosaturnsociety

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #18
saturnsl293
Advanced Member

1993 SL2

I was born there too but for some odd reason I'm one of those people who can't stand being there for more then a few days at a time and rarely go back (been gone coming on 5yrs and only back 2x).

Don't worry if not a lot of people go the first time. the group I'm with did something like the run your talking about 2 years ago with only 2 cars, skipped last year I guess due to not having anyone who could go and 4 of us ran this year. one thing to keep in mind is periodically change your destination over the runs so its not always the same place(s) year after year/time after time.

something else to consider to the whole flyer deal is consider business cards. When I had a different car I once found a business card for a club for that car under my wiper. Only reason I didn't join was a) I was working nights and they would meet when I was working, b) I never saw them actually meet up as I'd drive by where they did it for work (they could have parked where I didn't see them or driving other cars for some reason though) and c) I couldn't afford any club "fees" at the time.

car bought 12/15/07
car MIA as of 7/29/09, recovered 8/5/09

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsl293 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
SC2Boy

I can certianly understand how being here is frustrating, with this and that. As far as the club, your right business cards would be a better idea and probably cheaper. I would never do the run in the same place every year, I have about six runs sitting in a folder. As far as the club dues, I wouldn't charge anything like that, after all it's about the car and keeping it on the road. I just bought some 02 SC2 wheels for my car and the owner reminded me of Saturn Motorsports in Temecula CA. I'll probably talk to him before I move any further along.

1998 SC2, The luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #20
saturnsl293
Advanced Member

1993 SL2

well if nothing else talk to them and if you can get a big enough group together (or someone on the inside) maybe you can talk to them about a "sponsorship" ie include them in what ever stickers you do if you do decide on them as advertising with some kind of discount from them to who's in the group.

I wasn't implying you would make the same runs every time but mainly throwing ideas out that could get boring after a while. I'd say cycle where you go if you can't find new places if nothing else until you do find a new place. Even if you do have a number of places you want to go still cycle some places as not everyone will make every run and will want to be able to do it at some point.

I agree with the whole "no fee's, limited requirements" having seen some clubs my step cousin and step brother were in. mainly I didn't like the fact that they would require things where I'd think but what if you don't want to (tint windows, no tinted windows allowed, body kits, rims a certain size, whatever) but want in the group or have something come up and you miss more then the "miss 2 meetings and your out" or "you have to show up to x number of shows or what have you or your out" requirement.

car bought 12/15/07
car MIA as of 7/29/09, recovered 8/5/09

REWARD EXCELLENCE!