SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
izdalion
izdalion is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default Where can I find High Mounted Stop Light

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a high mounted stop light for my 2008 astra xe? Or the equivalent of the opel version if possible. I ask because mine is out of course but more importantly my shop wants 160.00 for a used unit. I can't justify paying that for a brake light unless I've run out of options. Also I've looked around the interwebs but I'm having a hell of a time tracking a unit down ebay, amazon, rockauto, and so on, no luck. So if anyone could help it would be much appreciated or if you can point me in the right direction at least that would be great.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to izdalion's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help izdalion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
izdalion is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
dhcp
dhcp has a spectacular aura aboutdhcp has a spectacular aura aboutdhcp has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XE
1997 SW2
Default Re: Where can I find High Mounted Stop Light

Are you looking for the entire assembly or the lense cover or bulb? There is a single screw holding the lense in place. More info needed to help.

SOLD 11/2018 1997 SW2, Auto
Owned since June 2008
BOUGHT 9/2018 2008 Astra XE, 5 Spd
Acura TL 3.2, 1998

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dhcp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dhcp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dhcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
izdalion

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcp View Post
Are you looking for the entire assembly or the lense cover or bulb? There is a single screw holding the lense in place. More info needed to help.
I assumed the whole unit because the part isn't serviceable from what I understand. But I need the LED.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help izdalion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Tried across the pond? The European Vauxhall Astra should have parts sites and forums that may be helpful. If you try GM parts online for oem stock numbers, this can help determine parts availability here or in Europe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
izdalion

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Tried across the pond? The European Vauxhall Astra should have parts sites and forums that may be helpful. If you try GM parts online for oem stock numbers, this can help determine parts availability here or in Europe.
I've been searching the uk ebay but haven't come across any forums or anything as of yet. My biggest problem is finding the matching model. Is the match just a 2008 1.8ltr sedan version over there. I'm afraid that i'd buy the wrong part really and gm #'s don't match either.
The Gm part number is - High Mount Lamp Part Number: 93355545 - if that helps anyone
It comes down to I have to search harder....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #6
JFS
JFS has a spectacular aura aboutJFS has a spectacular aura aboutJFS has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Try http://www.car-part.com/

They have dozens of Astras and I dare say 99% of them have an intact middle brake light.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JFS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JFS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #7
PaulR
PaulR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by izdalion View Post
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a high mounted stop light for my 2008 astra xe? Or the equivalent of the opel version if possible. I ask because mine is out of course but more importantly my shop wants 160.00 for a used unit. I can't justify paying that for a brake light unless I've run out of options. Also I've looked around the interwebs but I'm having a hell of a time tracking a unit down ebay, amazon, rockauto, and so on, no luck. So if anyone could help it would be much appreciated or if you can point me in the right direction at least that would be great.

Thanks
Have you tried your local salvage yards? Mine has two of them and intact, well, that is if no one has smashed them yet. I'm sure one would cost a lot less than a hundred and sixty bucks. I got to see how they come out so I can get a spare for mine. Good luck.

PaulR

2008 XR3 5 speed, heated seats, leather, premium sound , 18" wheels, center armrest
2008 XE5 CEL Special Edition, 5 speed, heated seats, panoramic moonroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PaulR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PaulR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PaulR is offline   Reply With Quote