SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
superglide57
superglide57 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
Default Howdy from Texas

Hello folks, I have been following this forum for a few weeks. I just purchased my 1994 SL2 Homecomming edition from my Grand Dad. 1 owner with 61789 original miles and clean as a whistle. I put about 250 miles on it and decided to fill up and check my gas mileage so I reset my trip meter and that's all she wrote, I could feel the little gears brake as I pushed the button. My Grandpaw said he never had reset it before because he never goes more than a few miles a day, and wasn't concearned with the mileage. But thanks to this forum I know how to solve this little problem. Ordered the gears this morning. The only issue I have had so far is my temp stays around 1/2 way or slightly more and if I idle for more than a few minutes it goes to a bit past 3/4 before the fan comes on and then it goes right back down to 1/2. The fan comes on with the A/C and stays around 1/2 way point. I thought I would change the coolant sensor before I get to worried. This car almost looks like new. (garaged since new) Has a nasty old old tint job on it , but I have almost all of it off now. did an oil change yesterday and gonna do the tranny tomorrow. Drag DR9 15" white wheels and 205/60/15 will be in in a few days. Drilled/slotted rotors are on the way. Thanks for this forum, I am sure I will be around here a lot, I am a 55 year old kid with a new toy. Later,Tony

1994 SL2 Homecomming edition.61789 Miles
1978 Toyota corolla 3kc 1200cc
1996 Chevy Astro van

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to superglide57's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help superglide57 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
superglide57 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
BV22
Master Member
BV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of light

2002 SC1
Default Re: Howdy from Texas

Welcome to the forum. IIRC, the temp gauge levels you describe are correct for a 1st gen car. It was customer reaction to the gauge excursion to 3/4 scale before the fan kicks on that convinced Saturn to recalibrate the gauge to read lower in later models. Nonetheless, if never changed, you have the plastic tipped ECTS (the sensor with two wires) which will fail eventually, and should be replaced with a brass tipped version at your convenience.

BV22
2002 SC1 5M
RIP Sept 1 2018
315,344 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BV22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BV22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BV22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
saturnions
saturnions is on a distinguished road

Maybe the number 1 wanted Saturn of all time so be sure to turn it into a pile of crap as fast as you can.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnions's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnions reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
saturnions
saturnions is on a distinguished road

PS: cooling fan should come on at about the 3/4 mark with A/C off. Fans runs constant with A/C on. Nice wheels, post pictures. Of the car with the wheels on, not of the wheels.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnions's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnions reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnions is offline   Reply With Quote