SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Happy Anniversary!

7 years ago today, I purchased my Saturn AURA XR.

I first went to a Saturn store in August of 2006 immediately after the AURA came out and new if I was going to buy a new vehicle, it would be the AURA XR in Ocean Mist. 2 years later, in August 2008, I purchased my AURA. I traded her in 2011 at a large GM dealer and bought her back exactly 50 weeks later in 2012. I really like this Saturn AURA!
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho....php?t=124758#

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Happy Anniversary!

I think this makes you a diehard Saturn owner. Hopefully you enjoy trouble free ownership.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

I think you're right. When you('ve) own(ed) 3 Saturns, I suppose that indicates something that's positive. As I wrote in one of my earliest posts, "Iím glad to be a new Saturn Aura owner and part of this new Saturn experience."

I still don't regret having purchased either the Saturn AURA or SKY Redline (mechanically, speaking). Thus far, the AURA is holding up as well as our Hondas have. BTW, I just turned 31k miles. Not bad at all for a vehicle that was purchased in 2008.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI

Last edited by gpartrid; 09-01-2015 at 09:27 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #4
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post
7 years ago today, I purchased my Saturn AURA XR.
Congrats! There seem to be a lot of anniversaries on here lately. I really enjoy seeing all the stories... it reminds me of the "good old days" of Saturn. We're getting ready to celebrate one with our 2005 Vue that turns 11 years old in about a month. It still feels new to me......

Here's to (at least!) another 7 years with your Aura!!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #5
gpartrid
Advanced Member

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Congrats! There seem to be a lot of anniversaries on here lately. I really enjoy seeing all the stories... it reminds me of the "good old days" of Saturn. We're getting ready to celebrate one with our 2005 Vue that turns 11 years old in about a month. It still feels new to me......

Here's to (at least!) another 7 years with your Aura!!

Charlie
Charlie, thank you for responding. I've loved your site ever since I found it during the summer of 2006 when I started researching "Opel and Saturn". Still visit saturnfans almost daily.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-02-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
gpartrid
Advanced Member

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

This Labor Day weekend (August 31 / September 1) 2008, I purchased my 2008 Saturn AURA XR. I first test drover her on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 and bought her on Sunday, August 31 and completed the paper work with the finance office on Labor Day, Monday, September 1, 2008.

In July 2011, I traded her in toward a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible. 50 weeks later, in July 2012, I purchased my original Saturn AURA XR back.

A little background here:

http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...d.php?t=184170

http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...d.php?t=182432

This weekend, exactly 11 years after my original purchase, I still love my Saturn AURA XR as much as when I first test drove her a few days before. For the past 7 months, she has become my daily driver again.

I just had complete professional detail done inside, outside and under the hood, including the hazy headlights. She looks as good as brand new. I just really love this AURA XR!

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI

REWARD EXCELLENCE!