SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
legaspi89
legaspi89 will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Would these speakers fit the Rear Doors.

Just wanted to know if these 5 1/4 size Pheonix Gold speakers and the tweeters that come with it would fit the rear of my Saturn 2003 L200?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHOENIX-GOLD...item1c148c9ea0

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to legaspi89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help legaspi89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
legaspi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Would these speakers fit the Rear Doors.

The OE lower door speakers (woofers) are 6 inch diameter. I've replaced them at the rear door with 6.5 inch diameter universal aftermarket speakers and they mounted up well after removing the upward bent mounting with tin snips. The speakers must also be of a shallow depth from the magnet to the edge of the mounting. (Sorry, can't remember what it is.) Unless you have some other way of adapting the mounting of the smaller woofers then they won't even come close to mating with the surface of the door.

Without knowing the dimensions of the tweeters one can't know if they would mount or not. Personally, I've found the factory set up with the tweeters to be more than adequate to produce clear high frequency sounds as a balance to the woofers. When replacing the woofers what's needed IMHO - or not so humble - are good quality speakers regardless of the manufacturer; no co-axials nor tri-axials.

317,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
flyingj
Advanced Member
flyingj will become famous soon enoughflyingj will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Would these speakers fit the Rear Doors.

I put 6.5's in the front door with separate tweeters (the aftermarket tweeters made a huge difference to me). I installed Pinoneers, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The rear door takes a smaller woofer (5.25 as you have listed). You will likely need to drill new mounting holes, as the factory speakers mount with 3 screws and most aftermarket mount with 4, but it shouldn't be a big deal. The tweeters may take a little bit of "fabirication", or at the least, some cutting and taping.

Though I haven't experienced it (I live in a dry climate), I have heard that water damage can be a problem with the speakers, so you may want to consider using speaker baffles to protect the speakers from water running through the door. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_237XT55...h.html?tp=2809

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to flyingj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help flyingj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
flyingj is offline   Reply With Quote