SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Russet
Russet has a spectacular aura aboutRusset has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default 2002 Saturn L300 Dust Shield?

Does anyone know where I can find and order both front brake dust shields at? Looked at eBay but find that confusing since I don't have part number to lookup. I have to go home and check my Service Manuals/Part listing to find that if they even list those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
flyingj
Advanced Member
flyingj will become famous soon enoughflyingj will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2002 Saturn L300 Dust Shield?

Is it item #6 here? http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...rimLevel=14954

If so, part number is 21019231.

2001 L-200 2.2l
DOB: 05/08/01 Owned: 07/01/07 to 10/30/18

2006 Vue 3.5L AWD Mileage: 145,000
DOB: 08/24/05 Date Acquired: 12/15/06

2019 GMC Acadia (aka Saturn Outlook)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to flyingj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help flyingj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
flyingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Russet

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Do I need to remove anything else I will take the rotor off but I notice the bolts for the dust shield is rusted? Does it requires to remove the hub as well?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
flyingj
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

From the look of the diagram, it is just the one bolt that holds it on... unfortunately, I had the front rotors of my L200 last weekend, but wasn't paying attention to the dust shield (other than trying not to bang it up while beating the old rotors off).

2001 L-200 2.2l

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help flyingj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
hacadacalopolis
hacadacalopolis will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
1996 SC1

There are 3 bolts. They are either Star Or hex. Im pretty sure they are star.

You can turn the hub and use the hole provided to give you access for wrenching.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hacadacalopolis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hacadacalopolis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hacadacalopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
flyingj
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Ah! So that's what those extra holes in the rotor are for! And here I thought they were just speed holes

2001 L-200 2.2l

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
Russet

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacadacalopolis View Post
There are 3 bolts. They are either Star Or hex. Im pretty sure they are star.

You can turn the hub and use the hole provided to give you access for wrenching.
I saw that as well I'll have wait for Summer weather or if summer comes back before winter...it's becoming Winter too soon here... But then I check the part again to reorder it.

Last edited by Russet; 10-04-2014 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: revise

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #8
Russet

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Ok bump to update I checked the site listed and it shows no inventory does anyone else know of another place to look for this???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-31-2019, 04:57 PM   #9
Chaz9496
Chaz9496 is a jewel in the roughChaz9496 is a jewel in the roughChaz9496 is a jewel in the rough

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Did you ever find these ? I need them too. I've found only 2 dealers online that still stock them, $16 to $17 each. Other sites show they're discontinued. I would say so. Time to "Bump" again.

Last edited by Chaz9496; 08-31-2019 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Added Comment

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chaz9496's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chaz9496 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chaz9496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #10
Sir Wagonsky
Sir Wagonsky is a jewel in the roughSir Wagonsky is a jewel in the roughSir Wagonsky is a jewel in the roughSir Wagonsky is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz9496 View Post
Did you ever find these ? I need them too. I've found only 2 dealers online that still stock them, $16 to $17 each. Other sites show they're discontinued. I would say so. Time to "Bump" again.
I'm driving without them right now . They were just too flimsy, full of holes, and deteriorated. I ripped them off easily by hand when I replaced the rotors with my latest sub-frame job.
I saw a few online, 16-$17 each as well.

I also ran into a thread somewhere where the installer makes a cut to get them over the hub. Another set I saw comes precut, but has a those little tin tabs to re-secure the ring.

None of this install looks too difficult once you take the rotor, caliper, and hanger off.

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sir Wagonsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sir Wagonsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sir Wagonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #11
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

^^I believe what you're saying, but I just looked at twenty two online GM OEM parts websites and none showed availability for the part you're that the OP was seeking: p/n 21019231. What dealers were found which said that these dust/splash shields were still available as new replacement parts?

316,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #12
Sir Wagonsky
Sir Wagonsky is a jewel in the roughSir Wagonsky is a jewel in the roughSir Wagonsky is a jewel in the roughSir Wagonsky is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
^^I believe what you're saying, but I just looked at twenty two online GM OEM parts websites and none showed availability for the part you're that the OP was seeking: p/n 21019231. What dealers were found which said that these dust/splash shields were still available as new replacement parts?
No, sorry if I mislead. I was referring to the dust shield styles in general. I didn't say they weren't GM dealers. They were aftermarket and they were Dorman's. Not specifically your model number, no.

ebay has these : you'll need to cross reference.

https://i.imgur.com/xceakUw.jpg
Those were the two experiences I had, that influenced my post. OP's going to have to substitute. Guess I should have said that. That's why I don't have any on my car with the new subframe, brakes, rotors and (with the alignment ) .. tie rod ends.

My 2002 LW300 3.0 My rotors, exhaust, and customs rims, are from SAAB 9-5 searches. My old ones were beyond recognition. But these will fit 02 SAAB 9-5 SE sedan 4 door 3.0 and assorted -02 Aeros' and ARC sedans and wagons with the 2.3 Turbo. He's got 10. It's the best bet for my car.
Link in a second

Again, sorry to misdirect here. There's got to be pans that will fit or be modified out there once you know rotor size (11.5 for me ) and the hub bolt layout.

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠

Last edited by Sir Wagonsky; 09-16-2019 at 01:57 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Sir Wagonsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #13
Sir Wagonsky

2008 SKY
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

My links include all my account stats so here's a screenshot of the details of the SAAB I'd like to try. But the mount bolts to the hub don't look right.
Does anyone have a stock image of the original?
https://i.imgur.com/McIBE7C.jpg

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #14
Sir Wagonsky

2008 SKY
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Try this . Is it the same guy?

https://parts.hendrickchevrolet.com/.../21019231.html

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #15
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

^Good work - congrats on finding a dealership that appears to have the shields available!

Now someone would have to contact them to find out if the items are actually there. I've had this sort of scenario occur where the online dealership source shows an NLA part as on hand, but then someone goes to try and pull the part from the inventory and discovers that the inventory information is incorrect - the item is doesn't exist there. Hopefully that won't be the case with the dealership you found.

316,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:51 AM   #16
Sir Wagonsky

2008 SKY
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
^Good work - congrats on finding a dealership that appears to have the shields available!

Now someone would have to contact them to find out if the items are actually there. I've had this sort of scenario occur where the online dealership source shows an NLA part as on hand, but then someone goes to try and pull the part from the inventory and discovers that the inventory information is incorrect - the item is doesn't exist there. Hopefully that won't be the case with the dealership you found.
Thanks . You were right though. I saw a lot were out of stock. Then I found the two-piece Dormans in my Amazon history. But In the reviews the guys were putting them on Silverados and Tahoes.

Gerry Lane Chevrolet / Baton Rouge as well (in addition to Hendrick Chevrolet in NC. )
Both places appear to ship be shipping from their appointed service dept. Promising, but could still ordering out from the same warehouse first.
https://parts.gerrylanechevrolet.com.../21019231.html

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠

Last edited by Sir Wagonsky; 09-17-2019 at 07:05 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!