SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2002, 01:48 AM   #1
BRI'S98SL-2
BRI'S98SL-2 is on a distinguished road

Happy New Saturn Owner

Hello fellow Saturn owners...
I recently (last weekend) aquired a 98 SL-2. It is by far the best car i have had (ive only had three, including the saturn). I tried to install a clarion 6 disc changer in it and i blew a fuse (the door chime fuse) and my car wouldnt start at all and my keyless entry wouldnt work. It really pissed me off, but i'm still in love with my car. Hey, how hard is it to install those white face gauges??? They look pretty tight. Oh yeah, i know this might sound redundant but... anybody know of some cheap mods for the SL-2?
thanks for any replys and its good to know that there is a sight like this.

-BRIAN

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BRI'S98SL-2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BRI'S98SL-2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2002, 01:23 PM   #2
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: New Saturn Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by BRI'S98SL-2
Hey, how hard is it to install those white face gauges??? They look pretty tight.
Welcome to the forum!

I installed EL Glo white face gauges on my '01 SC2 last month. The installation was very easy since I made copies of the Instument Panel disassembly instructions from the saturn service manual. The whole job took about 2 hours and it makes an amazing visual difference.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-15-2002, 05:59 PM   #3
N2orocks
N2orocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and i blew a fuse (the door chime fuse) and my car wouldnt start at all and my keyless entry wouldnt work. It really pissed me off,
Disconnect the negative battery terminal when ever you are doing electrical work, silly. Save yourself time and hassle. You got a good year and model. Do an air intake with cone filter 100bucks, but first I reccommend 1.5 inch drop springs 180bucks and some good sticky tires. 1.5 is not too much. I had the eibachs and they are so much better than stock. If you want to go the next level in suspension get the monroe sensa trac or KYB-grv struts 300bucks. You car will handle sooooo much better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to N2orocks's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help N2orocks reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-15-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
BRI'S98SL-2
BRI'S98SL-2 is on a distinguished road

Default woo hoo... replies

thanks for replying guys...
okay first off, Galileo... Are the El Glo gauges the same they sell on the SPS website? Or am i getting things confused... I read the installation for those on SPS and it was pretty confusing. My roomates brother is a tech for a saturn dealership which will probably come in handy for getting that assembly manual. Did you have to paint the needles?
And N20... I figured out that i forgot to connect the ground wire from the cd player to the radio's ground... yeah i'm a dumbass but it actually was my friends fault (he owns a ford ) Thanks for all of the mod suggestions. They sound awesome but i am a poor college student with little money. I plan on making some changes this summer though. How much does that cone and air filter improve performance?? (Hp?) I am definitly getting those white gauges first and then i was thinking about getting new wheels/tires... How much am i looking to spend on a set of wheels and some nice rims?
thanks a ton for your replies... you guys rock
-BRIAN

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BRI'S98SL-2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BRI'S98SL-2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2002, 04:00 PM   #5
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: woo hoo... replies

Quote:
Originally posted by BRI'S98SL-2
thanks for replying guys...
okay first off, Galileo... Are the El Glo gauges the same they sell on the SPS website? Or am i getting things confused... I read the installation for those on SPS and it was pretty confusing. My roomates brother is a tech for a saturn dealership which will probably come in handy for getting that assembly manual. Did you have to paint the needles?
I got the EL Glo gauges at www.nrauto.com . They are white face guages in the day and light up like an indiglo watch at night (you can switch between blue or green). Yes, I did paint the needles with touch-up paint to match the exterior of my car and it looks pretty good, IMO. As far as the installation goes, if you were able to install the CD changer, this will be even easier. I also have a friend who is a Saturn technician and he wired the gauges for me so they come on and dim with the interior lights (it only took him about 5 minutes). Good luck with the mods!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!