SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
reemoe
reemoe is on a distinguished road

1995 SC1
Default Upper motor mount question

I still have the original upper motor mount on my '95 SC1, but am experiencing some above-average vibration. I know not to get the 'frowny-face' mount. Where is the best (price, warranty) place to obtain one? How long should I expect a new one to last?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to reemoe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help reemoe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
reemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
OneBadBurb
OneBadBurb is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
Default Re: Upper motor mount question

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemoe View Post
I still have the original upper motor mount on my '95 SC1, but am experiencing some above-average vibration. I know not to get the 'frowny-face' mount. Where is the best (price, warranty) place to obtain one? How long should I expect a new one to last?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...&parttype=5552

The DEA 1st design (for $19) is probably what you're looking for. Rockauto tends to be the best/cheapest place to get parts. At that price I'd probably also change the transmission mount while I was at it too, since it's only like ~$15 and seems to go about the same time the motor mount does.

2001 Saturn SL1 (DD) - Magnaflow Muffler, Polyurethane Inserts/Bushings, Torrent Cluster, awaiting high compression DOHC engine (in progress).

1998 K1500 Suburban
1998 Sonoma

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OneBadBurb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OneBadBurb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OneBadBurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

OEM is the only way to go for that mount, Aftermarket units are hit and miss and some can add to the vibration that your already experiencing.

2015 Subaru Forester Limited "Prinny"
2000 SW2 Still Running Strong- 160K Traded In
2002 SL1 Still has Its Training Wheels on at 88K Traded In

CHECK YOUR OIL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL19302's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL19302 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
NWSaturn247
Advanced Member
NWSaturn247 will become famous soon enough

1993 SL2

A few drain and fills of the AT might make a difference. I have not changed a mount on my vehicle and the vibrations are minimal. I did 4 drain/fills back in March and it really helped.

YMMV

1993 SL2 AT - 187k miles
running blend of various SOPUS oils & MGL3614

TCW3 dosed fuel

Goldie: a dame to kill for...watch out squirrels!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NWSaturn247's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NWSaturn247 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NWSaturn247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
bachands
Advanced Member
bachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to behold

2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemoe View Post

Thanks in advance!
Ryan
GMPartsnow.com for the OEM mounts is a good place. It's where I bought mine and the price was the lowest I could find. I do not know exactly how long they will last, but most members here would agree they last for many years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bachands's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bachands reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bachands is offline   Reply With Quote