SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
WannaSky
WannaSky is on a distinguished road

Default Top down with luggage?

I am next in line at my Saturn dealer for a Sky. I believe the Sky was built to have the top down.

If another person is in the car can I:
a) go get groceries or
b) pack a couple of duffle bags and runaway for the weekend

It appears that in both these scenarios, with another person in the car, I would have NO ROOM for anything else! Has anyone tried to pack a couple bags in this car? If I can't take it on a weekend trip, I may not want one! (but I REALLY want one!!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WannaSky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WannaSky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WannaSky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #2
SKYGAZR
SKYGAZR is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Top down with luggage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaSky
I am next in line at my Saturn dealer for a Sky. I believe the Sky was built to have the top down.

a) go get groceries or

It appears that in both these scenarios, with another person in the car, I would have NO ROOM for anything else! Has anyone tried to pack a couple bags in this car? If I can't take it on a weekend trip, I may not want one! (but I REALLY want one!!)
Check out http://www.kappasphere.com/ as they have luggage that fits the Sky / Solstice maximizing every inch of the trunk.

Check out the pics http://www.kappasphere.com/images/pr...age_large2.jpg

SKYGAZR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGAZR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGAZR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Kustomkaps
Kustomkaps is on a distinguished road

1991 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaSky

a) go get groceries or

Not a problem!

a) You can put groceries in the trunk, just not a weeks worth for 5 people! You can easily put 5 bags in without too much trouble at all (top down), quite a few more if the top is up. Been there and done that!
b) Not a problem to put a couple duffles in the back either, just not the Army ones that you pack 83 pound in!

Finally, you can get the luggage rack, as seen in the attachment, ask your dealer.

GET THE CAR! It is soooo much fun to drive, I can highly recommend it!
Rich
Chili Pepper Red #1584
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fv_skyRL5_800.jpg (84.3 KB, 40 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kustomkaps's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kustomkaps reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kustomkaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
WannaSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustomkaps
Not a problem!

a) You can put groceries in the trunk, just not a weeks worth for 5 people! You can easily put 5 bags in without too much trouble at all (top down), quite a few more if the top is up. Been there and done that!
b) Not a problem to put a couple duffles in the back either, just not the Army ones that you pack 83 pound in!

Finally, you can get the luggage rack, as seen in the attachment, ask your dealer.

GET THE CAR! It is soooo much fun to drive, I can highly recommend it!
Rich
Chili Pepper Red #1584
Hey Rich - Thanks for that information. I knew I could count on someone here to have the info I needed. Thanks also to SkyGazr for that link.

I am anxiously awaiting the call from my Saturn dealer!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help WannaSky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
delaney1
delaney1 is on a distinguished road

You could probably get 5 grocery bags in there. However, you may have to raise the top a little to get them out. I think I put a couple of those plastic bags from wal-mart in mine. In all honesty, you really can't fit much at all in trunk. I don't think a women could pack for the weekend and get all her crap in there, let alone your too. Good Luck. It is an awesome car though. It handles well and everyone will ask you ?'s about it. That's a Saturn?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delaney1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delaney1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
delaney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

A tip for those who want to put luggage of any sort in trunk with the top down.....beware of anything rubbing against the top material while driving. The slightest movement of materials against one another while driving along will lead to abrasion and damage to top fabric over any prolonged length of time. Always put a towel over exposed part of top to prevent rubbing against anything in the trunk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
WannaSky

Thanks Hugh for the good advice. Sounds like Delaney1 is being realistic about the weekend luggage capacity!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
delaney1
delaney1 is on a distinguished road

I am trying to be realistic. I never packed for a weekend so I don't know exactly. But, man there is not much room at all. I suggest going to the dealer and checking out their demo, if they have one. I can honestly say though, this is, in my opinion, the best looking, most affordable 2 seat conertible on the road. Who gives a #($& about the trunk space. It isn't the fastest, it handles extremely well. I loved mine but was forced to sell it due to the fact I need a 4 seater. Anywho good luck, enjoy it, you will love it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delaney1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delaney1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
delaney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
nscrbug
nscrbug is on a distinguished road

Anybody wondering about trunk space in the Sky....take a look at these pics, you may be very surprised!!!

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/sh...4396#post34396

Linda

Silver Pearl/Black Leather
Painted Alloys
Automatic
Monsoon 1 disc/XM
LSD
-------------------
Imaged 3/27/06
Order # GGL235
TPW 5/22/06
VIN# 3134
3800 - 5/30/06
Delivered 7/1/06

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nscrbug's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nscrbug reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nscrbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #10
Kustomkaps

1991 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nscrbug
Anybody wondering about trunk space in the Sky....take a look at these pics, you may be very surprised!!!

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/sh...4396#post34396

YES! Told you so, told you so!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Kustomkaps reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2006, 12:26 AM   #11
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

...........that link is interesting,but remember that this thread is about space with the top DOWN...not with top UP.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:47 AM   #12
Kustomkaps

1991 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh
...........that link is interesting,but remember that this thread is about space with the top DOWN...not with top UP.
Yea I know, just got carried away there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #13
crichson
crichson is on a distinguished road

My wife and I went on a 4 day trip last month in our Sky and was able to pack 3 full sets of clothes each and still had room in one corner that we could have put 3 more sets of underwear each in a Walmart bag. Keep in mind if you are looking at a Solstice that the Sky trunk has two braces in it that the Solstice doesn't have. Buy the car and make all of your friends jealous.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crichson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crichson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crichson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #14
dmfgoo
dmfgoo is on a distinguished road

For a modern person, a suitcase has become a necessary accessory for a long time ago. It doesnít matter whether you travel regularly on business trips, go on vacation once a year, or maybe you decide to visit relatives or friends - you canít do without clothes. A suitcase is an irreplaceable thing. You can neatly pack everything that may be needed on the road, on vacation or on a business trip. What do you think about rockland luggage review?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmfgoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmfgoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmfgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:25 AM   #15
ScotSHO
ScotSHO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfgoo View Post
For a modern person, a suitcase has become a necessary accessory for a long time ago. It doesnít matter whether you travel regularly on business trips, go on vacation once a year, or maybe you decide to visit relatives or friends - you canít do without clothes. A suitcase is an irreplaceable thing. You can neatly pack everything that may be needed on the road, on vacation or on a business trip.
The Bot wants attention. Please click on the sketchy link above and make our robot overlords happy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ScotSHO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ScotSHO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ScotSHO is offline   Reply With Quote