SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2014, 01:35 AM   #3901
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a jewel in the roughcityhawk is a jewel in the roughcityhawk is a jewel in the rough

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomimi View Post
Congrats, welcome to the forum

Installed the cargo-net and hooks for the trunk opening, I have the nets for the finder wells that are going on next.
Detailed my car, cleaned out the trunk, vacuumed the interior and Armourall'ed the 18yrs of sun damage on the dash... Omygosh it looks and feels fantastic
Also hit everywhere else, steering column, radio, middle console/parking brake etc.. After all this, it looks decent and presentable :'o Still need to recover the head liner, though I'm fond of the torn hanging fabric strips.
Where did you find the cargo net? the one that came with my car has long since stretched beyond elastic usefulness and has been discarded/lost. Yet I miss it. I would be particularly handy for stowing all the automotive vital fluids that I schlep along with me.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 138,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
Gone but not forgotten: 1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #3902
seac
seac is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2

My cheap $20 ebay upper motor mount came in yesterday. I installed it today and drove the car. That loud vibration noise isn't there anymore. Can't tell if the engine is running or not, it's too quiet. THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS CAR!

Saturn 2002 SL2
Still less than 65K miles on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to seac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help seac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
seac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #3903
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Saturns run best on that sweet, sweet Hawaiian air
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, ordered some tires. Oh please oh please let them be round this time!

10 Lb. Competition Clutch Steel Flywheel: 8 stalls to date (and loving it)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #3904
WaxyChicken
WaxyChicken is on a distinguished road

I took turns going back and fourth from staring at my SL1 ignition to checking the Saturn Forums to see if anyone posted a solution for how to get the damn cylinder out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WaxyChicken's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WaxyChicken reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WaxyChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #3905
Nekomimi
Nekomimi is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

Cargonet madness. Though I think I put them in pretty cleanly, scavenged goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhawk View Post
Where did you find the cargo net? the one that came with my car has long since stretched beyond elastic usefulness and has been discarded/lost. Yet I miss it. I would be particularly handy for stowing all the automotive vital fluids that I schlep along with me.
I've just come across them at the Pull-it yard, the two side nets+hooks came out of an 96 SL1, the big long net+hooks out of an 97-98 SL2. I also have a skinnier long net out of an SW that I'm thinking about running it across the back of the rear seats once I figure out how I'm going to go about mounting it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (97.9 KB, 2 views)

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 170,000+ miles and purring smooth.
My Mug is filled with the lost souls of crushed imports. . .

Last edited by Nekomimi; 10-23-2014 at 10:56 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nekomimi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nekomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #3906
trottida
Advanced Member
trottida will become famous soon enough

2001 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomimi View Post
Cargonet madness. Though I think I put them in pretty cleanly, scavenged goodness

I've just come across them at the Pull-it yard, the two side nets+hooks came out of an 96 SL1, the big long net+hooks out of an 97-98 SL2. I also have a skinnier long net out of an SW that I'm thinking about running it across the back of the rear seats once I figure out how I'm going to go about mounting it.
I remember those! I had them in my first Saturn; a 92 SL2 MT in blue/black and blue interior. I had forgotten about the 2 side nets....I think I'd like to have a set of those again.

Current rides
2001 SL1 MT (360,000 km @ 06/2014)
2005 Suburban Z71 (239,500 km @ 06/2014)

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #3907
Ark
Ark is on a distinguished road

The alternator chose today to give up and die. 12.5v when shut off, 12.2 when running. Yup, not charging. Picked up a new one and put it in, now it's back to 14.5v.

It really only took about an hour to do with a floor jack and jackstands. The trick to getting the alternator out is to put a jack under the oil pan and take off the front motor mount, which also makes it easier to get the serpentine belt loose. With that loose, you can just shove the motor around until you have room. No problem at all.

'97 Saturn SL2 1.9L DOHC 5spd
'87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue 360 4bbl A727

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ark's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ark reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #3908
Jack Black
Jack Black is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

Waxy Chicken, there may very well be a video for that..

Tomorrow, I am going to change out the fender badges.. The car has the red ones now, but last weekend I managed to hustle a two black ones in fairly decent shape...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jack Black's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jack Black reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jack Black is offline   Reply With Quote