SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2018, 05:45 PM   #41
rk80
rk80 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Took a gamble, bought a tech2 clone (Tech2Win)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGary1 View Post
Btw if you buy his mdi clone for your Vue youíll need an odb2 extension. The device is too fat to get around the trim and plug directly into th car.

-Robert
By Clone you mean this item?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rk80's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rk80 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2018, 01:15 AM   #42
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk80 View Post
VXDIAG VCX NANO PRO 3 in 1 Auto Code Scanner Car Engine Diagnosis Scan Tool for Ford, Mazda, GM, VW,Toyota,Volvo,JLR (Jaguar Land Rover), Honda ECU Programming Key https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072PW3BR5..._wN6bBbK1AG562

This is the one I bought but if you only want GM they have it at 1/2 the price.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:17 AM   #43
rk80

Quote:
VXDIAG VCX NANO PRO 3 in 1 Auto Code Scanner Car Engine Diagnosis Scan Tool for Ford, Mazda, GM, VW,Toyota,Volvo,JLR (Jaguar Land Rover), Honda ECU Programming Key https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072PW3BR5..._wN6bBbK1AG562

This is the one I bought but if you only want GM they have it at 1/2 the price.

-Robert
Does that come with GDS2 and Tech2 software? I'm still looking to connect to older vehicles, 2002 VUE mainly. I thought I read that GDS2 only goes back to 2006??? Is that correct?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rk80's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rk80 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #44
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk80 View Post
Does that come with GDS2 and Tech2 software? I'm still looking to connect to older vehicles, 2002 VUE mainly. I thought I read that GDS2 only goes back to 2006??? Is that correct?
Yes it comes with both. Iíve only used the tech2win though. Basically the software is a ac delcos but with a Chinese license hack. If you didnít want to use the hacked license you could buy a subscription from acdelco for that too. The main thing is you have the mdi interface hardware do you can properly play in the official gm world. Iíve asked autoingenuitity if theyíre ever going to make a mdi device and theyíve said no. Itís going to be hard for them to compete.

I did buy from amazon just in case I had issues I could return it but so far itís been fine and customer support has been very responsive. Only issue is the software setup isnít easy and the instructions are barely in English. But there are videos that show the set up. Make sure you have the right pc os as well.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #45
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Tech2win vs GDS compatible vehicles.

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/userguides/GD...d_Vehicles.pdf

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #46
rk80

Quote:
Tech2win vs GDS compatible vehicles.

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/userguides/GD...d_Vehicles.pdf

-Robert
Thank You Robert, great information.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rk80's Reputation
Old 06-05-2018, 08:51 PM   #47
rk80

OK, I bought the VX DIAG NANO, GM Opel package. So far pretty impressed. Connects to my VUE and does everything I wanted. Only issue I found so far is to won't connect to live ABS Data. Other than that it works well. Have used it on several cars so far.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rk80's Reputation
Old 07-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #48
chip707
chip707 is on a distinguished road

I have vxdiag running how were you able to turn on the cruise control? I have all hardware installed on my 3rd gen Saturn sl2 . Powertrain>special features > engine output?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chip707's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chip707 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chip707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #49
Zeebins
Zeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2
Wrench Re: Took a gamble, bought a tech2 clone (Tech2Win)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip707 View Post
I have vxdiag running how were you able to turn on the cruise control? I have all hardware installed on my 3rd gen Saturn sl2 . Powertrain>special features > engine output?
I turned it on by going to powertrain>tire/option reprogramming>USA then clicking on change options. It may be different on gen 3 saturns though. Just search around through menus until you find a screen with a list of options (abs, a/c, auto trams, etc)

You'll never catch me, not when I shift into, performance mode!
1997 SL2, 108K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #50
craftsman70
craftsman70 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
1998 SL1

Quote:
Quote:
I added cruise to a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen. On the 2nd Gen its just a setting. For the 3rd gen I had to program the BCM with firmware that includes Cruise Control. To get the firmware you'll have to either get an ACDelco subscription, or download/buy a CD with all the firmware.

Last edited by craftsman70; 07-19-2018 at 10:47 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to craftsman70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help craftsman70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
craftsman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #51
Mark_b
Mark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the rough

1996 SC2
1999 SC2

Where is the FOB programming located in the menu?
I need to program one on my sons 96

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mark_b's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mark_b reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #52
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

No BCM on a gen 2 Saturn. The BCM arrived on the 00-02 models.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #53
trottida
Master Member
trottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to behold

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_b View Post
Where is the FOB programming located in the menu?
I need to program one on my sons 96
The FOB can be programmed without a reader. There is a procedure to follow which you can read within this thread >>"S" Series RKE Remote and Option Programing

The 97-99 models have some extra features that can also be programmed if anyone in the future is looking at this post. It's in the linked thread.

Quote:
Right from the FSM (Factory Service Manual)

To program the RKE module with a new transmitter, use the following instructions:

Have all the transmitters that will be programmed to the Saturn Present, even if only one is new.

1.Put your key in the ignition, and keep it in the OFF position.

2.Locate the DLC. It is fastened to bottom of the left side of trim panel under the steering column.

3.Use a jumper wire to provide a path from the RKE system program circuit (cavity 8) to ground (cavity 4). Use an available Saturn lead kit and splice, to create a jumper wire as shown. Grounding the program circuit causes the horn chirp. Count the number of horn chirps. The number of chirps will correspond to the mode the RKE module is in.
Obtain the desired mode number by referring to the Saturn Security System mode chart.

4.Cycle the ignition key the number of times that correspond to the desired mode, making sure the key ends up in the LOCK position after it is cycled.
The key must be in the LOCK position to program the module.

5.Keeping the program circuit grounded, simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter.
The horn will chirp the number of times corresponding to the mode programmed when the process is completed, may take up to 15 seconds.
If there is no response, repeat this step, making sure both buttons are pressed down firmly.
If there is still no response, check the transmitter battery and battery contacts. If you are only programming the RKE module with one transmitter, proceed to step 7.

6.Still keeping the program circuit grounded, repeat step 5 with the next transmitter. You must not allow more than one minute between programming the transmitters, or the RKE module will exit programming mode and you will have to start over. If you accidentally disconnect the ground wire from the DLC before completing this step, you will have to start over at step 3. If you accidentally disconnect the ground wire from the DLC, after completing this step, only the first transmitter will be matched. If you make a mistake, start over at step 3.

7.Remove the jumper wire.
Test the operation of each transmitter with the Saturn.
Close the decklid or liftgate.

Current rides
2001 SL1 MT (417,500 km @ 05/2018)
1999 SL2 MT (260,870 km @ 05/2018)
2011 Suburban LT (111,176 km @ 05/2018)

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:45 AM   #54
Waiex191
Advanced Member
Waiex191 has a spectacular aura aboutWaiex191 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL2
1998 SC2

I bought an eBay one (thanks Erik T for the link) and they had simpler instructions. Short two pins with a paper clip, hold down some buttons until it beeps, then it worked.

Bryan Cotton
'99 SL2, 5SP bought new
Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
'98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Waiex191's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Waiex191 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Waiex191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #55
chip707

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman70 View Post
I added cruise to a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen. On the 2nd Gen its just a setting. For the 3rd gen I had to program the BCM with firmware that includes Cruise Control. To get the firmware you'll have to either get an ACDelco subscription, or download/buy a CD with all the firmware.
Is there a tutorial ? I have everything the hardware oem.I just need someone to walk me threw a gen 3 flashing of the bcm.i found everything on tech 2 where it states cruise control here the picture on where Iím stuck it wonít let me enable http://a67.tinypic.com/1267ivb.jpg
http://a64.tinypic.com/vyuxxg.jpg
http://a64.tinypic.com/atn41v.jpg
http://a68.tinypic.com/2cwnaeb.jpg
http://a66.tinypic.com/15i7vrq.jpg
http://a63.tinypic.com/2unzoqx.jpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chip707 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #56
craftsman70
craftsman70 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
1998 SL1

I don't recall the exact steps, but I can tell you you don't do this on the Tech2 by itself. You hook the Tech2 up in 'pass thru' mode. It just links the TIS2000 software to the car's ODBC. You then go into the tis2000 software on the laptop and tell it you want to reprogram the BCM with new firmware. You'll enter the VIN and then you'll have a few choices of firmware, one of which should have the Cruise Control option.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to craftsman70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help craftsman70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
craftsman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #57
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
I don't recall the exact steps, but I can tell you you don't do this on the Tech2 by itself. You hook the Tech2 up in 'pass thru' mode. It just links the TIS2000 software to the car's ODBC. You then go into the tis2000 software on the laptop and tell it you want to reprogram the BCM with new firmware. You'll enter the VIN and then you'll have a few choices of firmware, one of which should have the Cruise Control option.
Yes, on the later models with the BCM. On the earlier models its just a checkbox in the PCM configuration. Since you have the tech2 you already have the MDI interface, everything else you just download from A/C Delco. Its like $50 for a 3 day license as I recall.
-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-25-2018, 11:58 PM   #58
chip707

Quote:
Ah ok ya I def donít have a pass thru and seen itís try pricy. I have the 3rd gen model and looks like I might be s.o.l

REWARD EXCELLENCE!