SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Source for OEM top mount?

Does anyone have a source for the OEM mount GM 21012185 ?

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #2
Cheyne
Cheyne will become famous soon enoughCheyne will become famous soon enough

2000 SL2
Default Re: Source for OEM top mount?

Only ones that I know of left are the ones that the seller has listed on eBay for 149.99.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cheyne's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cheyne reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

Here you go.
I believe no one else has any of these original mounts left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/92-02-Satur...8AAOSwPAxaND7m

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
MobileSaturn
MobileSaturn is on a distinguished road

1999 SL

Can confirm: I bought one just a few weeks ago from the same seller. They're legit, in good condition, and work phenomenally.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MobileSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MobileSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MobileSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #5
Mike R
Mike R is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
2000 SL2

I used this mount, idles smooth as silk now, I highly recommend it https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Moun...kAAOSw8StbGZ7i

2001 SL1 5 speed
2000 SL2 Automatic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mike R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mike R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mike R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Thanks I just ordered mine. $140 isn't bad considering the dealerships had been asking $120 not including shipping. Plus I'd have paid California tax.
Hopefully a lifetime solution.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #7
Cheyne
Cheyne will become famous soon enoughCheyne will become famous soon enough

2000 SL2

It may be as long as your other mounts are in order.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cheyne's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cheyne reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #8
Casper50
Casper50 will become famous soon enough

2001 SC1
2000 SL2

I see you already ordered yours but here is the on that I used and it is the solid type like the oem style.

https://www.amazon.com/Westar-EM2827...7+Engine+Mount

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Casper50's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Casper50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Casper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
1996SL11.9L
1996SL11.9L has a spectacular aura about1996SL11.9L has a spectacular aura about

2002 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
I see you already ordered yours but here is the on that I used and it is the solid type like the oem style.

https://www.amazon.com/Westar-EM2827...7+Engine+Mount
How is it when it's 20f in the winter?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1996SL11.9L's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1996SL11.9L reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1996SL11.9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #10
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Holy cow the new mount is smooth. I’ve run a variety of aftermarket solid mounts and they’re smooth for a few months but not as smooth as this.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-16-2018, 10:39 PM   #11
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGary1 View Post
Holy cow the new mount is smooth. I’ve run a variety of aftermarket solid mounts and they’re smooth for a few months but not as smooth as this.

-Robert
The OEM tends to last for many years IF the dogbones and trans mount are also good. Worn dogbones will soon trash the top and trans mounts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:07 PM   #12
macbox
macbox will become famous soon enough

1995 SC2
1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996SL11.9L View Post
How is it (the Westar mount) when it's 20f in the winter?
I have the Westar mount on my daily driver SC2, and it's pretty smooth. No issues when it's -10 F.

#4, 1995 SC2m, 163K, 400 Miles per quart. Garage queen. Currently in 1000 pieces for a rebuild.
#5, 1998 SW2m, rebuilt at 126K, Totaled at 205K miles.
#7 1995 SC2, 121K, daily driver.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to macbox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help macbox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
macbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #13
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbox View Post
I have the Westar mount on my daily driver SC2, and it's pretty smooth. No issues when it's -10 F.
I had the same experience with a few after market mounts but it never lasted very long.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #14
craftsman70
craftsman70 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
1998 SL1

I put the Westar in over a year ago and so far so good. While it may not last as long as the OEM, its about the best we can find as the OEMs are becoming scares. And if it lasts a few years, I'll have gotten my $13 worth. The only negative is that I had to drill bigger holes in the casting in order for it to fit over my studs. The casting is low quality, but it does the job.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to craftsman70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help craftsman70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
craftsman70 is offline   Reply With Quote