SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
JohnSnow
JohnSnow is on a distinguished road

Default Replacing steering pressure hose

I have the 2008 Astra XR with electro-hydraulic steering. When I bought the car in March, the steering was very hard when turning the wheel more than 3/4 turn in either direction and you could hear the pump whining. This was resolved by topping up the steering fluid, but unfortunately the problem came back at the start of July. I had a shop look at it, and they found that the pressure hose between the pump and steering rack is leaking fluid, which is most severe when the wheel is turned to its maximum.

If I go to rock auto for this part, it looks like they only have the pressure hose for the model without electronic power steering, and same story for other sites.

Does anyone know if those parts shown would work for me, and could I use the Sunsong part (no. 3402869) without any trouble instead of the AC Delco part (No. 36352284) which is 3.5x the price?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JohnSnow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JohnSnow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JohnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2018, 12:03 AM   #2
JFS
JFS has a spectacular aura aboutJFS has a spectacular aura aboutJFS has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Replacing steering pressure hose

Sorry I cannot help you tonight with a thread search, but I believe that ALL Astras are electro-mechanical regarding hydraulics, without a belt driven hydraulic pump for power steering.

One of the benefits of what is under the hood for all Astra's sold in North America is that they are all the same under the hood, save for plug in heaters where it is cold and maybe just a couple other suggestions.

Search the part number on Amazon and and some of the plug-in search bots like "Honey" in your browser. They will search both Amazon and elsewhere to find the part for less.

Best Luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JFS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JFS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:03 AM   #3
jamie225
jamie225 is on a distinguished road

Whatever you need for steering, you can access the coupons from Reecoupons. You can get most amazing discounts on the best products available. It is the most fine site for the products you can look for. You will be amazed with the stuff they had.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jamie225's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jamie225 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jamie225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:05 AM   #4
kiarawillson92
kiarawillson92 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS View Post
Sorry I cannot help you tonight with a thread search, but I believe that ALL Astras are electro-mechanical regarding hydraulics, without a belt driven hydraulic pump for power steering.

One of the benefits of what is under the hood for all Astra's sold in North America is that they are all the same under the hood, save for plug in heaters where it is cold and maybe just a couple other suggestions.

Search the part number on Amazon and and some of the plug-in search bots like "Honey" in your browser. They will search both Amazon and elsewhere to find the part for less.

Best Luck.
Thanks a lot for helping me out on this and I believe honey was a good one and I found another website for discounts and have a good amount of coupons for automotive industry. Thanks once again by the way.

https://www.pennysaviour.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kiarawillson92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kiarawillson92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kiarawillson92 is offline   Reply With Quote