SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #1
myoung
Advanced Member
myoung is on a distinguished road

Happy My Saturn Story

The first time I ever heard about Saturn was in 1995, when I was 9 years old. My grandmother bought a brand-new white SC2. I thought it was really cool. My first observation was that the backseat was tiny. But I liked it. My mom drove it one time to go get Wendyís, and I was with her. I saw the PERF/NORM switch and asked what it did. My mom said that she didnít know, but that my grandma said she wasnít allowed to play with it.

Of course, that car has been in my family ever since. As a matter of fact, it is practically perfect, with minor exceptions. Garage kept, around 23,000 miles, no dents J. The bad is that it has been backed into in a hit and run accident, but that was fixed, and also that it is a smokerís car. Also, the trunk doesnít like to close without motivation. But itís still a very nice car.

My next encounter with Saturns was not until December of 2002. My dad is a mechanic, and my grandfather leases cars to people. One of his cars was a Saturn. He had asked my dad to take a look at it, and fix it, as there was something wrong with it. It was sitting out in the boondocks, so we went to pick it up. The car was a Light Plum 1994 SL2. I got the pleasure of driving it home, and wow, was it noisy. My dad diagnosed it as a timing chain, but didnít do anything about it. Christmas rapidly approached. On Christmas morning, one of my packages was a big box. Three smaller boxes later, there was a key on the inside, and my love of Saturns had begun.

In January, we did the timing chain. It was neat to take apart a car that was mine and really get an idea of how it worked. I was itching to get the car done. We finished it around the beginning of February, and it sat in my driveway for a little while. Eventually, I pestered my mom enough and, on February 14th, 2003, she went and got a temporary tag for it, and I havenít looked back. 4000 miles and no problems later, Iíve enjoyed it to its fullest extent. I am anticipating purchasing another Saturn in the near future.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to myoung's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help myoung reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2003, 12:39 PM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Nice story. It's good to hear you enjoy the Saturn and it is serving you well. Hopefully the car will last a good long time and when you are ready for a new car Saturn will still be among the choices on your list.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-20-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
MydnightMyst
Advanced Member
MydnightMyst is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1997 SC2

What a great story. I also am glad to hear you enjoy your Saturn! Yes, I hope it lasts you a long long time also. Saturns are known for doing well, especially when well cared for by people like yourself! Best of luck with your Saturn.

~Christena J. Snowden~
1996 Saturn SL2 drag car
1996 Saturn SL2 street car
1997 Saturn SC2, 2003 OLOA class winner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MydnightMyst's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MydnightMyst reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:22 AM   #4
Sattyinsnow
Sattyinsnow is on a distinguished road

well mine isnt as good as his but my first saturn experience was cool.

like 4 years ago ro so. in 99's i think parents gave me their older car and they bought a 97sl1 auto and i read up on saturns iwas like oh great.. a freakin econo box... woopy.. anyways took me a year or so of constant annoying/ pestering to finally be able to drive it.. and i did and since then i liked it it was fun car everything was just where it should be. engine was designed really good.

anyways a few years later (well this past sept) i needed a car and i was gonna take a loan out and get a clunket to last me a few years of college and one day my parents came for a visit ( they live in ottawa an i'm in sudbury) and i wasnt home but i was at a friend anyways they picked me up with the old 97sl1 i though tehy might of bought me a car or something but nope.. anways drop home with them my dads like lets get some pizza i was ok so we go outside to where we parked the sl1 and their is a 2002 l200 sitting their beside the sl1 i was like wtf.. that wasnt their when we park their and my dads like oh ya (throw me the keys) you pay for the pizza, and you get to keep the saturn i was like sweet so ig ot the 97sl1 (lol the key didnt work for the l200 lol.... ) hehe

and since then i've been modifying it and tinkering with it. but want more.. sl2/sc2 here i come.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sattyinsnow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sattyinsnow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:34 AM   #5
SilverNickelQC
Advanced Member
SilverNickelQC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

These are very nice stories i hope i am able to have memorables as everyone else have

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverNickelQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverNickelQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread