SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
xtremeranger
Advanced Member
xtremeranger is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
2006 ION Red Line
Default Tinted up!

So, the guy who owned this before me tinted the windows, lol.....Tinted OVER the back tint and tinted the front 2 plus the strip the legal limit of 32% or so......I like it dark, so I redid the front tint!

After....

muuuuchhh better!

I wish I would thought about it, but I got him to take the old tint off...I should just told him to tint over it!

2005 VUE Red Line AWD - Tint, Audio, K&N
2006 ION Red Line Competition Package - Stage 2, strut bar, Hurst, Antenna delete, tinted corners, painted headlights

1998 SL2 - SOLD 87K-113K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xtremeranger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xtremeranger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xtremeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Tinted up!

Very nice. I had the fortune of the previous owner tinting my windows very dark too. Except he did the fronts too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I'm jealous. never thought about tinting over the rear windows.
They changed our tint laws here. Now, any vehicle made after 2005 can't have front doors tinted more then 35%. We think it's because the state troopers tint theirs to 5% in the rears in the fronts @ 20% to masked the lights inside. All it did was make it easier to spot the UC cars. But here's the catch, if you buy an '05 without tint, you can darken them as much as you like and the police can't say anything. They really don't now unless you're doing something suspicious, then they use the tint law to pull you and check you out.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
05blueredline
05blueredline is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
I'm jealous. never thought about tinting over the rear windows.
They changed our tint laws here. Now, any vehicle made after 2005 can't have front doors tinted more then 35%. We think it's because the state troopers tint theirs to 5% in the rears in the fronts @ 20% to masked the lights inside. All it did was make it easier to spot the UC cars. But here's the catch, if you buy an '05 without tint, you can darken them as much as you like and the police can't say anything. They really don't now unless you're doing something suspicious, then they use the tint law to pull you and check you out.
nice your lucky
here in cali you cant have ANY tint on the front windows
sucks but thats not gunna keep me from putting it on.
oh and xtremeranger. i like it i thought the first pic was your new tint but the dark looks good. maybe i missed it but what tint did you put over the old.
mines 5% over the rear 20% and 20% in the front.. i want to tint the front windshield 35%. my friends did it and at night you cant really tell its on but in the day you cant see in the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05blueredline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05blueredline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05blueredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
05blueredline

2005 VUE Red Line

oh and i forgot the mention.. i hate you for having that interior!!
it looks so much better than the grey? i have some questions about it so ill sent u a pm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 05blueredline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

I too am jealous of your interior. My interior is black too, but my seats are the normal Vue seats and SUCK.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
Routs
Routs is on a distinguished road

Looks awesome, man!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Routs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Routs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #8
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Looks great! Your fronts are darker than my fronts.

My ex-Saturn dealer used to tint all the better cars in his fleet. All 4 of my doors have darker tint with the back doors matching the cargo area glass.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:53 AM   #9
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blueredline View Post
nice your lucky
here in cali you cant have ANY tint on the front windows
sucks but thats not gunna keep me from putting it on.
oh and xtremeranger. i like it i thought the first pic was your new tint but the dark looks good. maybe i missed it but what tint did you put over the old.
mines 5% over the rear 20% and 20% in the front.. i want to tint the front windshield 35%. my friends did it and at night you cant really tell its on but in the day you cant see in the car.
I used to live in Sacramento. And when I had my Cutlass, I had 5% smoke in the rear and 35% broze in the front. Cops never said a thing about it.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #10
05blueredline

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
I used to live in Sacramento. And when I had my Cutlass, I had 5% smoke in the rear and 35% broze in the front. Cops never said a thing about it.
lol thats the way it was up until the last couple months. my first fix it ticket was gunna be for my license plate and my tint but the guy asked me how much i paid for the tint. I said 270 i believe and he said DAMN and didnt write me a ticket for the tint and when i told him i was going to join the force in a couple years(which i am) he ended up signing off my ticket right after he printed it that was san jose police.
then a couple weeks ago a chp officer pulled me over for the same things but this time i got the tickets. came out to be 50 bucks. they raised the fix-it ticket price from 10 dollars to 25 dollars each

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
lol thats the way it was up until the last couple months. my first fix it ticket was gunna be for my license plate and my tint but the guy asked me how much i paid for the tint. I said 270 i believe and he said DAMN and didnt write me a ticket for the tint and when i told him i was going to join the force in a couple years(which i am) he ended up signing off my ticket right after he printed it that was san jose police.
then a couple weeks ago a chp officer pulled me over for the same things but this time i got the tickets. came out to be 50 bucks. they raised the fix-it ticket price from 10 dollars to 25 dollars each
Thats the nice things about having out-of-state plates. when I was down there last month, I had a few cops get behind me and after about 2-3 minutes, they pulled away and didn't bother me.

If you know someone that lives in Nevada or Oregon, get your car registered there so the police won't say anything since they can't enforce the laws of another state.

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
xtremeranger
Advanced Member

2005 VUE Red Line
2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
Im not sure what the tint was that he put over the back. its dark as hell, I cant see out of it at night at all....the autodim mirrior doesnt even work!! i can turn it off and cant tell any difference!!.....I can look into it in the sun with my hands over my face and can barely see in it. Now i really wish Ida just let him tint over the tint that was already on it....

2006 ION Red Line Competition Package - Stage 2, strut bar, Hurst, Antenna delete, tinted corners, painted headlights

1998 SL2 - SOLD 87K-113K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help xtremeranger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
xtremeranger
Advanced Member

2005 VUE Red Line
2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
oh and i forgot the mention.. i hate you for having that interior!!
it looks so much better than the grey? i have some questions about it so ill sent u a pm

hehe.....I LOVE my interior, I like to think Im in a porsche! :P:P

I got ur pm, Ima take some good pics and post em up....

1998 SL2 - SOLD 87K-113K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
xtremeranger
Advanced Member

2005 VUE Red Line
2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
Thats what the guy told me....The first thing he said to me was that Im gonna get a ticket, and I said weeeeeeeelllll, I work for the Sheriffs Office....and he OH! you be alright then...I said yeah, def...LoL.....

1998 SL2 - SOLD 87K-113K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!