SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #21
rfisher
rfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Tire Pressure correct PSI the old psi trick

hi sages- an interesting thread which blends concerns about safety, longevity, mpg and ride harshness. some would add concern about wear on suspension parts from a hard ride. heres my take. my 01 L 100 calls for 195 65 R 15 size tires which I have always used. the sticker on the inside lower left rear door calls for a 30psi cold on all 4 tires which I think is the best guide. the tires themselves call for a max psi of 51 on the rear goodyear viva 2s and a max psi of 44 on the front uniroyal tiger paws which i don't think is particularly useful info unless you are climbing mount Everest , trying to win the mobilgas mpg economy run or regularly try to elude coppas in hot pursuit on stinking creek road. we all should check our pressures weekly but most don't . I try to keep them at 31-32 cold to compensate for irregular pressure checks. would invite your critique, my bruthas. thanks tons bob f

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rfisher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rfisher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2019, 12:25 PM   #22
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Tire Pressure correct PSI

Of all the replies, Russett's post #8 mentions running higher tire pressures above door sticker numbers seems to be appropriate after using maximum pressures from factory guidelines.

rfisher, if you have a set of tires with sidewall labeling of max pressures (51 psi), you can try max pressures from your door sticker initially and see how they perform. If you notice any negative or positive changes to overall steering and ride comfort, adjust accordingly. You are in the position to determine between door sticker tire pressures and tires with higher rated pressures above sticker ratings. Those two values should be used as guidelines in determining what feels safe and comfortable. You can always consult with the tire dealer where you bought tires from as they should be expected to have info.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:34 PM   #23
lrbraner
lrbraner is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: Tire Pressure correct PSI

After perusing the "itstillruns site" I am highly doubtful of any information they provide. Mostly false and inaccurate articles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lrbraner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lrbraner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lrbraner is offline   Reply With Quote