SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 10-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
lithous
lithous is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L
Question VUE and Spring Hill

So, is it a 100% certainty that the next VUE will be hecho en Mexico?

And also, what will Spring Hill's role be in the future? It will still produce vehicles, correct?
lithous is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2006, 01:25 AM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: VUE and Spring Hill

Saturn hasn't committed anything in public about the future of Spring Hill. So far GM has dismantled or assimilated most everything the original Saturn Corp created.

A few months ago it was mentioned that the 08 VUE was being manufactured in the Mexican plant that used to build the Pontiac Aztec. This would save GM a lot of money, but it sure puts another stake in the heart of the loyal Saturn owners.

Last month is was rumored that all Spring Hill will be doing is building Ecotec engines, now there's rumors of Opel/Saturn Corsa being built there.

With GM and Saturn not being more open about the future of Spring Hill, I fear the worse for it's future.
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
kodak_jack
Advanced Member
kodak_jack is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP
Saturn hasn't committed anything in public about the future of Spring Hill. So far GM has dismantled or assimilated most everything the original Saturn Corp created.

A few months ago it was mentioned that the 08 VUE was being manufactured in the Mexican plant that used to build the Pontiac Aztec. This would save GM a lot of money, but it sure puts another stake in the heart of the loyal Saturn owners.
As I've mentioned previously, before I bought my Vue, I was leaning toward an HHR. I was a member of two HHR forums and started to shy away from the HHR because of all of the 1st year/Mexico problems. I don't care if that butt ugly Aztek was made there, the labor force obviously just doesn't get it. The quality is garbage. Electrical problems are rampant because none of the fuses and relays are seated right. Seat bolts have been put through wiring harnesses. Those are functional problems. After problems arise, GM denies them and just tells people to go away UNTIL owners band together and start making a lot of noise. There are also transportation problems. Vehicles easily take 3 months to get here after orders are placed because they're put on boats, trucks and trains. There were also paint, fit and reliability issues. I'm glad I decided on a Vue instead.
kodak_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
scotydoc
scotydoc is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2009 Astra XE

With polymer panels possibly on the way out for Saturn/Springhill. And The addition of a UBA metal forming press added in 2001. The Steel stamping capacity was greatly increased in Springhill. The former power train unit in Springhill is adding a cam line. But employee head count is down by about 3,000 at this time. No product has been named for Springhill yet ??
scotydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
jdmessner
jdmessner is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP
......So far GM has dismantled or assimilated most everything the original Saturn Corp created.

....... but it sure puts another stake in the heart of the loyal Saturn owners.
Ain't that the truth!!!!
jdmessner is offline   Reply With Quote