Old 05-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #21
effsatty07
effsatty07 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC1
2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Happy Re: timing belt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn
I was just laughing at the comment how Saturn tech's know these cars better than anyone. I can't count how many times I've showed one how to repair or remove something. Or heard unbelievable things come out of their mouths.

Im sure there are some good ones out there. I just haven't meet one yet.
I dont know where you go to get your car fixed but Saturn dealerships are awesome here in Savannah! maybe you are just in a place where they dont care (no offence)

Kat*
1997 SC *Midnight Dreamer*
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #22
effsatty07

1997 SC1
2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksaturn
You just haven't met one in California. I have worked for retailers in Georgia and South Carolina and the best techs I've worked with have been at Saturn dealers. Bar none.
thank you! both SC and GA are good places for people who have saturns!

Kat*
Old 05-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #23
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2
Default Re: timing belt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by effsatty07
I dont know where you go to get your car fixed but Saturn dealerships are awesome here in Savannah! maybe you are just in a place where they dont care (no offence)

Kat*

I go out to my garage. I honestly dont trust anyone to work on my cars but myself. Check my gallery to the parts I have ready to go if I ever need them

I wouldnt say they dont care, I dont think the techs have all the correct information. And its not thet they're not good people. They are some really nice guys. I only goto the dealership to pick up a part from time to time and a lot of the time I get asked on how to remove or replace a part.

Some of the techs, service writers and parts guys cant comprehend how we can do a SOHC to DOHC swap, auto to manual swap, get traction control to work in a 1992, or installing factory fog lights, factory power locks, windows and mirror using facory parts.

We were also told by a tech and service writer that a Saturn engine can't be rebuilt. You can only replace them. And that its impossible to get oversized pistons anywhere. I was also told by a service writer several years ago that Saturn engines were reliable because they were built by Toyota

The parts guys are pretty cool. I walk in and they know who I am. I usually come in with part numbers to make their job easier. Most of them frequent our site and are always asking about the dragster or ask if I've bought another one. It seems like everytime I go there I have bought another one.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #24
spyderlmp
spyderlmp is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2

what mileage is the chain supposed to be changed at? It is about the only thing i havent changed on my car and im wondering if that is why it misfires once and a while.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:20 PM   #25
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderlmp
what mileage is the chain supposed to be changed at? It is about the only thing i havent changed on my car and im wondering if that is why it misfires once and a while.
no reccomended change interval on the chain. like this thread says, there are alot of little things that can cause issues. do the free stuff before you jump to the big things. some days my SC1 runs like a corvette (she loves cold rainy days) and summer HHH days she runs like crap.
for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #26
effsatty07

1997 SC1
2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn
I go out to my garage. I honestly dont trust anyone to work on my cars but myself. Check my gallery to the parts I have ready to go if I ever need them

I wouldnt say they dont care, I dont think the techs have all the correct information. And its not thet they're not good people. They are some really nice guys. I only goto the dealership to pick up a part from time to time and a lot of the time I get asked on how to remove or replace a part.

Some of the techs, service writers and parts guys cant comprehend how we can do a SOHC to DOHC swap, auto to manual swap, get traction control to work in a 1992, or installing factory fog lights, factory power locks, windows and mirror using facory parts.

We were also told by a tech and service writer that a Saturn engine can't be rebuilt. You can only replace them. And that its impossible to get oversized pistons anywhere. I was also told by a service writer several years ago that Saturn engines were reliable because they were built by Toyota

The parts guys are pretty cool. I walk in and they know who I am. I usually come in with part numbers to make their job easier. Most of them frequent our site and are always asking about the dragster or ask if I've bought another one. It seems like everytime I go there I have bought another one.
Well thats awesome that you work on ur own car! i dont know that much about engines and all to work on mine, i leave that to my dad for my mods and the Saturn dealership for everything else! but there are some people out there that shouldn't be working on cars b/c they have no idea what to do!

Kat*
Old 05-02-2005, 10:39 PM   #27
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I was just laughing at the comment how Saturn tech's know these cars better than anyone.
the techs around Motown know their stuff. non-Saturn shops act like a Saturn is a foreign car. One time I went to get a 4-wheel alignment at a so-called "alignment shop" and they told me the rear suspension my Saturn coupe wasn't adjustible and they could only do the front. I had to point to the nuts/bolts that you loosen on the rear suspension and wiggle to set the rear toe and rear camber. Of course I told him forget it and got my car outta there.
eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe
Old 05-03-2005, 12:26 PM   #28
effsatty07

1997 SC1
2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Most shops, that arent really a certain car shop, dont know about Saturns! but here ALOT of people have Saturns and every shop here works on them! so i have no problem with finding a place to work on my car! so far we have 5 SC's in my school parking lot! and some SL's, and we have some more coming b/c of new people starting to drive,.....so Saturns are really popular here! basically shops here HAVE to know how to work on Saturns or they won't get any business!

Kat*
Old 05-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #29
effsatty07

1997 SC1
2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

BUT ANYWAYS,.........TibTuner02, you will really need to go to a Saturn dealership and ask them, and you need to do it now! b/c if you don't you'll be paying out your ***** for something you could have stopped! and i think you don't want to be doing that!

but Good Luck with it all and i hope you find your problem!

Kat*
Closed Thread