SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 12:34 AM   #1
Yobos4vr
Yobos4vr is on a distinguished road

Default OBD2 code P0141

ok so i got this code P0141 system-heated O2sensor(rear). fault description-heater circuit fault. now i've got both the chilton's and the haynes manuals and neither one even touches the rear O2 sensor(i have a 1997 SL2). i'm guessing replacing the O2 sensor behind the cat convertor will fix this, is that correct? since neither manual touches on this what all will i need??

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2002, 12:13 PM   #2
SCDYNE
SCDYNE is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
1997 SC2
Attention Ebay...

Someone sells this second 02 sensor on ebay all the time. I just picked one up for $20.00. You'll have to search for it..

This DTC comes on from the Sensor not responding quickly enough and/or not incrementing 'cross over counts' enough.

The sensor is totally emissions related and the DTC may be signs of other problems if you have a lot of miles on the engine, or just a dead sensor..

People who run N02 through the motor a lot have to replace this sensor all the time. You can also purchase a simulator from Casper electronics for around the same price as the retail price of the 02 sensor...
-Adam Chant
2007 Saturn SKY - Supercharged
1997 Saturn SC2 - Stock Rebuild
Old 07-08-2002, 08:24 PM   #3
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

In answer to your question...YES replacing the rear O2 sensor and resetting the PCM SHOULD solve your problem....HINT: it will unscrew out of a warm (not hot) pipe easier than a cold one and be careful NOT to get the new one dirty putting it in..I two am the lucky owner of a 97' SL2 with "California" emmisions....even though it has been on the East coast since purchased new by the original owner...
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Old 07-09-2002, 12:21 AM   #4
Yobos4vr
Yobos4vr is on a distinguished road

i'm getting prices on the part, looks like alot places have it specail order 5-7 days. what all will i need? is this a wrench job or socket if so what size? neither chilton's or haynes goes in to how to replace this one. only the one in the manifold. da,m books wish i had the FSM..

Old 07-09-2002, 08:12 PM   #5
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Just the new sensor and MAYBE some penetrating oil. Disconnect the wire and slip a box end wrench (preferably of the 9 point variety) over the top...get the car as high off the ground as you can (safely!!!) to make the job easier...Sorry I don't remember the (metric) size of the O2 sensor right off the top of my head..just unscrew the old one (warm pipe) and screw in the new... DO NOT use ANY kind of sealer!!
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread