SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 01-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #221
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

1995 SW2
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: What did you do to your VUE today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
Ouch. Sorry man!
Thanks - I'm still very pissed at myself.
At least I still had collision on it ($500 deductible).
Travelers said it was worth $5,000, so I got a check for $4,500.
And I got a good deal on a leftover 2018 Ford Edge.
Sure gonna miss the polymer though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18 Sport.jpg (97.1 KB, 9 views)
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #222
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

How did you wind up on roof like that?

I can't tell by photo - did roof partially collapse or am I seeing airbag and/or ceiling liner hanging down?

Finally, they didn't have any red ones left?
I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:01 PM   #223
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

1995 SW2
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
How did you wind up on roof like that?
Well - it happened very fast. Temp was about 21F - roads a little slushy - doing about 50mph (obviously too fast ). I was in the center lane following tracks of bare pavement. (Fortunately not many cars on the road - all the smart people stayed home!) A little south of Hartford on I-91 I felt the rear end start sliding to the right. Happened many times, but was always able to steer out of it - EXCEPT this time. 'Steering into the skid' did nothing. Car kept sliding to the right. Went off the road at a 45. Slid across the shoulder that was plowed and then hit a foot of snow which slowed us down pretty quick. We had almost come to a stop when it went bottoms-up. (Yep - SUVs are definitely top heavy!)

Quote:
I can't tell by photo - did roof partially collapse or am I seeing airbag and/or ceiling liner hanging down?
See attached photo. There was no impact to speak of and I didn't even notice the side curtains deploy. When we came to a stop, I turned off the engine and then found I couldn't open the door due to the snow. Turned the key back to accessory - rolled down the window and me and the wife crawled out. (It was only at this point that I noticed the side air bags had deployed.) I had absolutely no ill effects. Wife had some minor seat belt rash and some misc. minor aches and pains. EMS checked our vitals - we declined further treatment. Rented a car and got home a little later than expected. All in all, very lucky - could have been a lot worse.

Quote:
Finally, they didn't have any red ones left?
Yeah - pretty loud, huh. That color was $400 extra, but I didn't want white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rightsideup.jpg (127.1 KB, 12 views)
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote