SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 05-02-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
Lexton2186
Lexton2186 is on a distinguished road

Default HELP-Saturn Due DEAD

This afternoon I pulled the positive cable off the battery to clean the terminal. When I put it back on everything went dead. I was careful not to let the cable touch anything. Any ideas??? It's a V6 2007.
Lexton2186 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: HELP-Saturn Due DEAD

The male threads on the battery cable connector are easy to strip. You may not have been able to tighten it fully. What is the battery voltage?
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: HELP-Saturn Due DEAD

Under most conditions, it's always recommended to disconnect battery negative first then battery positive. Then the reverse when reconnecting battery cables, positive first then battery negative last.

Whatever occurred, disconnect battery negative first then battery positive. Examine both battery terminals to be sure none are punctured with a longer bolt that may be used then examine both battery cable terminals. The captured short bolts ate to prevent losing them but can be removed to clean terminals of corrosion. The pliable insulation can be peeled back. A solution of warm water and baking soda with an old toothbrush will immediately dissolve dried battery acid when the solution bubbles immediately, reacting to dried acid residue. This solution can be applied anywhere on the battery tray and chassis. Water rinse. Exposed (dry) bare metal can be painted for corrosion resistance. A little petroleum grease applied to battery cable terminals and battery side terminals then connect positive first, negative last. Beware, the alarm system my trigger so have your remote nearby to turn it off. If power doesn't return for starting, the battery may be discharged or dead (end of warranty period?). Other areas to check for main power connections are the two main grounds, one on the chassis where battery negative connects to and engine block ground. The other end of battery positive goes to the main engine fuse panel then to the starter.

If in doubt about your battery, either measure it for voltage at home and recharge it for a few hours or bring it your favorite auto store selling car batteries. They should have in-store battery testing services (usually free). AutoZone provides free battery testing in the car or in the store.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote