SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

View Poll Results: Is it worth my time and money?
Buy it & Hope the codes are from voltage/brakes 0 0%
Keep Researching & Get 2cd Opinion from another Mechanic 0 0%
Forget about it 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
MyOwnQueen19
MyOwnQueen19 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Dizzy 03' Vue AWD Automatic 2.2L 4cylinder Plz Help Me

Okay so I'm trying to decide if I want to buy this Saturn. I've owned a Saturn before and loved it. But, I'm on the fence with this one only because of the research I've done. So, please read and give me your thoughts on what I should do. Here's my situation.

It's a 2003 Saturn Vue AWD 2.2L 4 cylinder
Original Automatic Transmission & Original Engine
Mileage is only 79,874 and only 2 previous owners
Been sitting for 6 months to a year.
Only parked due to blown brake line.

Alright so I went to look at it and the battery was dead due to not being started periodically. So, after charging the battery for about 10 minutes it started right up and everytime afterwards. Noticed that the check engine light and service engine soon light were both on. Owner claims those lights were not on when he parked the vehicle. When I put the code scanner on it, it gave me 3 codes. Which are as follows. And, I know what each code is and what they mean and their possible causes. Trust me I've been doing my research on this vehicle and these codes for like 2-3 days. Lol. Here's the codes:

1)Po606-PCM Failing

2)Po700-PCM detects a malfunction in the TCM and/or PCM is detecting a code from the TCM

3)U2105-Loss of communications with the ECM

Before I continue I do want to mention that due to the blown brake line the brakes are locked up currently. And, like most other Vue's the rear driver side area where the subframe connects to the main frame or where the trailing arm bolts to the frame is rusted out. But, that's an easy fix for me because I have a friend who can weld it. And, it's the only section that needs fixed/welded. But, here's my concerns with the codes. Is it possible they popped up due to the battery going dead and the PCM/ECM/TCM losing voltage plus the brakes being locked up and trying to be moved/drove. Therefore, causing these control modules to think that there are malfunctions? Honestly, I'm working with a budget. He's only asking $500 for the Vue. He couldn't find someone to fix it the day after he blew the brake line so he just parked it and bought a new car. I reckon he's a little impatient and has it like that. Lol. Not downing him in anyway. I'm just trying to give all the facts on my situation. I've also included some photos of the Vue. Along with my own research I've spoken with Saturn, online mechanics from justanswers.com, and a local dealership service tech. I really just wanted thoughts from experienced Saturn owners and mechanics. Please help me with this decision. I'm open to any and all questions, suggestions, ideas, and etc. Also, please no negative comments or put downs. Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.
MyOwnQueen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: 03' Vue AWD Automatic 2.2L 4cylinder Plz Help Me

Cvt trans and Tcm code? No no no no
He drove it 4K miles each yr since it had issues
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #3
MyOwnQueen19
MyOwnQueen19 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Question Re: 03' Vue AWD Automatic 2.2L 4cylinder Plz Help Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnQueen19 View Post
Okay so I'm trying to decide if I want to buy this Saturn. I've owned a Saturn before and loved it. But, I'm on the fence with this one only because of the research I've done. So, please read and give me your thoughts on what I should do. Here's my situation.

It's a 2003 Saturn Vue AWD 2.2L 4 cylinder
Original Automatic Transmission & Original Engine
Mileage is only 79,874 and only 2 previous owners
Been sitting for 6 months to a year.
Only parked due to blown brake line.

Alright so I went to look at it and the battery was dead due to not being started periodically. So, after charging the battery for about 10 minutes it started right up and everytime afterwards. Noticed that the check engine light and service engine soon light were both on. Owner claims those lights were not on when he parked the vehicle. When I put the code scanner on it, it gave me 3 codes. Which are as follows. And, I know what each code is and what they mean and their possible causes. Trust me I've been doing my research on this vehicle and these codes for like 2-3 days. Lol. Here's the codes:

1)Po606-PCM Failing

2)Po700-PCM detects a malfunction in the TCM and/or PCM is detecting a code from the TCM

3)U2105-Loss of communications with the ECM

Before I continue I do want to mention that due to the blown brake line the brakes are locked up currently. And, like most other Vue's the rear driver side area where the subframe connects to the main frame or where the trailing arm bolts to the frame is rusted out. But, that's an easy fix for me because I have a friend who can weld it. And, it's the only section that needs fixed/welded. But, here's my concerns with the codes. Is it possible they popped up due to the battery going dead and the PCM/ECM/TCM losing voltage plus the brakes being locked up and trying to be moved/drove. Therefore, causing these control modules to think that there are malfunctions? Honestly, I'm working with a budget. He's only asking $500 for the Vue. He couldn't find someone to fix it the day after he blew the brake line so he just parked it and bought a new car. I reckon he's a little impatient and has it like that. Lol. Not downing him in anyway. I'm just trying to give all the facts on my situation. I've also included some photos of the Vue. Along with my own research I've spoken with Saturn, online mechanics from justanswers.com, and a local dealership service tech. I really just wanted thoughts from experienced Saturn owners and mechanics. Please help me with this decision. I'm open to any and all questions, suggestions, ideas, and etc. Also, please no negative comments or put downs. Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
Cvt trans and Tcm code? No no no no
He drove it 4K miles each yr since it had issues
I'm sorry but what do you mean "he drove it 4k miles each year since it had issues", how would you know that? I'm not trying to be rude when asking that. I'm really just curious to how you would know that?😊
MyOwnQueen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: 03' Vue AWD Automatic 2.2L 4cylinder Plz Help Me

79,000/17yrs is 4600 miles each yr.
There is usually a reason a car is driven rarely.
Mechanical issues.
Storing this classic collector car? No
Buy a 1 yr never vue with the 3.5 motor.
Much more fun to drive. And itís Honda, woohoo
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote