SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 08-31-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
Speedy
Speedy is on a distinguished road

Default No gonna believe it, but my spoiler is melting!!!

Yep. The spoiler on the rear of my 2007 Vue is melting. That is the best I can describe it. Over several weeks I kept looking at it thinking, "That thing looks like it is drooping in the middle!" I passed it off as me just being weird or something. Then it started to become really noticeable! It is now drooping in the middle so far that it is resting on the rear window spray nozzle and blocking most of the third brake light. I looked it over really well. It is attached firmly to the car and feels as sturdy as the day I bought the Vue. It is dealer or factory installed. Bought it new with the car.

So I took it to the brilliant service guys at my dealer and they said they had never heard of such a thing. They set off to order a replacement. Two weeks later I call and they say they are still waiting on it. It has to be color matched and then sent from the Vue factory they say. I tell them that they have no Vue factory except for Mexico as Spring Hill closed. The guy says they come from another Saturn factory, but he doesn't know where.

Call again today. They say, "Oh yeah, it came in the other day and we were gonna call you soon." Riiight. They go to check to see if it is painted or if I値l have to wait for them to do it. I'm confused because their long wait excuse was to wait for color matching, but whatever. Come to find out they didn稚 even order the right part. I waited three weeks for the flimsy rear window deflector, not my painted spoiler.

No part. No fix. When the right part does come in, these rocket scientists are the ones I get to hand my keys to. For some reason I知 not feeling confident in handing my baby over to them. And I'm waiting again for a spoiler that may melt all over again.

Saturn by GM. Rethink American.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
MidnightVue07
MidnightVue07 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: No gonna believe it, but my spoiler is melting!!!

Might wanna look at going to another Dealer, since they dont sound to bright.

Did they say they are going to fix it under warranty??
MidnightVue07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

I agree, another dealer sounds like the right thing to do. How much do you think its drooping in the middle?
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
Speedy
Speedy is on a distinguished road

The sad thing is that I have already switched Saturn Dealers twice because of poor service. All the dealers in the area are about an hour from my house. All have piss poor service, and severely ignorant techs.
While the issue is to be fixed under warranty, it sucks that they seem so unconcerned as to not even order the correct replacement parts. I haven't measured, but it is drooping a good couple of inches. Service guys seem to not care what caused it either. Before anyone asks, nothing has been dropped on it, never carried any cargo on the roof that rested on it, and while yes, it is very damn hot, I've never had any car that melted simply from a hot day.
I bought this Vue knowing it would be my last Saturn because of all the changes they are currently undergoing. The new line up is as far from the original Saturn as you can get. So now is their service. The poor service is simply providing nails in the coffin. I do expect them to properly fulfill their warranty obligations as I知 sure they expect me to make car payments. Not looking for anything out of the ordinary.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

So ur spoiler melted? i thought Texas was hot....D:
i took a close look at a new Vue when i was having the Binkymobile's oil changed. Nice, but at the same time it almost made me cry. The only thing Saturn on this vehicle is the badges (not including the silly GM "chicklet") The doors feel heavy as bank vaults, and it seems as though it really is heavier than the current one. Of course i wish i could swap out my rear drum brakes for the discs the '08 has.......i'm glad i got the '06 personally. i did take a look at a black-on-black Sky redline and drooled convulsively......... The vehicles may be different, there's some new faces, but my retailer (to me anyway) is as good as they've ever been. Then again i have had no problems at all, just went in for oil changes.
-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L
binkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
NueSaturnVue
NueSaturnVue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

man i better keep an eye on my spoiler...it was 109 today
Buslady of SoCal
NueSaturnVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
scotydoc
scotydoc is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2009 Astra XE

The spolier is made by a supplier and not manfuactured at the Satrun site in Springhill. My spolier flew off on the freeway after a few weeks on my 2006.
scotydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #8
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

My spoiler must've been made by a different manufacturer. It's still intact after 1 1/2 years and a few wild 100-mph runs down the interstate......no problem. i noticed there seems to be two distinctly different styles out there, the other type like y'all have must not screw on like mine does, if it flew off while driving and all.
-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L
binkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #9
NueSaturnVue
NueSaturnVue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

eesh i wish i knew if mine was gonna come flying off...it was on already when i got it. we think Stormy was a xferred car from the Torrance dealer to Santa Ana...the spoiler wasn't even ON the sticker price. got it free
Buslady of SoCal
NueSaturnVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
cam
cam is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Yep. The spoiler on the rear of my 2007 Vue is melting. That is the best I can describe it. Over several weeks I kept looking at it thinking, "That thing looks like it is drooping in the middle!" I passed it off as me just being weird or something. Then it started to become really noticeable! It is now drooping in the middle so far that it is resting on the rear window spray nozzle and blocking most of the third brake light. I looked it over really well. It is attached firmly to the car and feels as sturdy as the day I bought the Vue. It is dealer or factory installed. Bought it new with the car.

So I took it to the brilliant service guys at my dealer and they said they had never heard of such a thing. They set off to order a replacement. Two weeks later I call and they say they are still waiting on it. It has to be color matched and then sent from the Vue factory they say. I tell them that they have no Vue factory except for Mexico as Spring Hill closed. The guy says they come from another Saturn factory, but he doesn't know where.

Call again today. They say, "Oh yeah, it came in the other day and we were gonna call you soon." Riiight. They go to check to see if it is painted or if I値l have to wait for them to do it. I'm confused because their long wait excuse was to wait for color matching, but whatever. Come to find out they didn稚 even order the right part. I waited three weeks for the flimsy rear window deflector, not my painted spoiler.

No part. No fix. When the right part does come in, these rocket scientists are the ones I get to hand my keys to. For some reason I知 not feeling confident in handing my baby over to them. And I'm waiting again for a spoiler that may melt all over again.

Saturn by GM. Rethink American.
I hate to tell you this and you probably have already discovered that most if not all of the Saturn replacement parts like door panels come in basic black and have to be painted to the color of choice.
Cam
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #11
Patrick_97SC2
Advanced Member
Patrick_97SC2 is on a distinguished road

cam, you can order spoilers painted already to match the vehicle. Door panels, rocker panels, hoods, bumpers, etc are just primed and not painted.

scoty, If your spoiler flew off, it wasn't installed right. The 3m tape thats used is tougher than heck to get off and there's two bolts that hold the factory (dealer installed) spoiler in place.
Patrick_97SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote