SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance

Old 04-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
joshjani
joshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Weatherblock for Sound Deadening-updates?

Can any of you who have used Weatherblock, Peel and Seal, or any other home roofing underlayment instead of Dynamat for sound deadening provide any updates on your experience?

How long has it stayed installed? Did it melt, crack, etc? Any odor/fumes? Do you think you made a good choice choosing it as an economical solution?

I read some previous threads saying it was great to use these home-store available products, and so I bought a roll at Lowe's for $35. That's enough to do at least both my front doors and the spare tire area, I think, but I wanted to see how some of your experiences with it went before I install anything.

Thanks
JC
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2005, 01:04 AM   #2
Derwood3285
Derwood3285 is on a distinguished road

1992 SC2
Default Re: Weatherblock for Sound Deadening-updates?

I've gone several "economic" routes in attempting to get around having to pay some of the quasi-outrageous prices for audio. I once did the Weatherblock approach on a Talon I owned way back in the day.... It's just not made for what I wanted to use it for.... it eventually dried out and became more of a vibration issue than my body pannels... it lasted me about a year and a half though... so I don't know what kind of longevity that you're looking for or any of that...

But if you're looking for a good semi-cheap solution to sound vibration, take a look at the spray on dynomat... you can pick up gallons of it for a decent price and you just spray or roll it in... weighs a bit much when all dried and taken care of... but it's worth the price if you're looking for true quality sound.