SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
slapshot 11
slapshot 11 has a spectacular aura aboutslapshot 11 has a spectacular aura aboutslapshot 11 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL1
Default Strange front end problem with my SL1

I had an intermittent vibration problem with my 99 SL1 that was very annoying. it was a combination of some bad plug wires and a sticking front drivers side caliper. When I went to remove the rotors to turn them, the caliper had to be hammered off! I had saved the receipt for the caliper, so I got a new one free from the Zone. (They had been installed in Feb of 2016). I also tried to get my rotors turned, but since they were ventilated, the shop said they could not turn them. I bought new regular rotors, and no more vibration, and pulsation during braking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slapshot 11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slapshot 11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
slapshot 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
DonP1
DonP1 has a spectacular aura aboutDonP1 has a spectacular aura aboutDonP1 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL2
Default Re: Strange front end problem with my SL1

Sounds like you fixed it. I think cheap rotors warp easy when overheated (maybe from the caliper sticking?). My old Saturn had braking vibrations. It got wrecked before I put them on, so they went on the new Saturn and life is great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DonP1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DonP1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DonP1 is offline   Reply With Quote