SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 01:03 PM   #1
kjackson
kjackson is on a distinguished road

Default The Sky Concept

Since we have all had a chance to view the disappointing redesign of the L-series, I think it is crucial that Saturn approves the Sky for production. This will help Saturn attract younger buyers into the fold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kjackson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kjackson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2002, 01:45 PM   #2
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

... Saturn corp would *love* to release this car, as well as an L coupe, V6 stick, and some sort of Saturn convertible. Its really up to big daddy GM to approve the car.

The L series shots on saturn's website are different than the ones featured here. Although i like the old style better, the changes look good to me now. One of my complaints is the lack of "fit" in these photos -- it looks like someone just took a hacksaw and squeezed in the light assembly. The front end overhangs, etc. It looks exactly like a (crappy) photoshop job.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-05-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
DBLW1
Advanced Member
DBLW1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by L300Boy
The L series shots on saturn's website are different than the ones featured here. Although i like the old style better, the changes look good to me now. One of my complaints is the lack of "fit" in these photos -- it looks like someone just took a hacksaw and squeezed in the light assembly. The front end overhangs, etc. It looks exactly like a (crappy) photoshop job.
LMAO! Are you doubting the photos? IMO, the Saturn website "photos" looked a heck of a lot more photoshopped than the other photos. The way Saturn website photos were enhanced, it can even make an Aztec look good. The other photos are real.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DBLW1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DBLW1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-05-2002, 03:02 PM   #4
Plastic Gravity

Default Re: The Sky Concept

Quote:
Originally posted by kjackson
Since we have all had a chance to view the disappointing redesign of the L-series, I think it is crucial that Saturn approves the Sky for production. This will help Saturn attract younger buyers into the fold.
I doubt the SKY will do it. Its still too ugly. That square grill, and those insipid(not to mention too small) center gauges are the kiss of death for this thing. If they want to attract younger buyers, they are going to have to try harder than this. Note to Saturn: Avoid using the words "youth market". Nothing pegs you more as a seriously stodgy company trying to act cool. Give it a little more overt styling, delete the grille, put the instruments back in front of the driver, stop the "todays youth"-touchyfeely smack talking, and just focus on making it fun, and reasonably affordable. The kids will figure it out. BTW, the headlights are too conservative, but please don't use the ones on the new L. Oh, one more thing, the Center mount gauges aren't an innovation, so stop touting them as something new done the saturn way, you sound like idiots.

I support the idea of a Saturn roadster, just not this poorly hatched idea.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Plastic Gravity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Plastic Gravity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Closed Thread