SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 11:53 PM   #21
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Sky Photos Online

I couldn't find the photos at Weick when I got home from work tonight, but someone sent me some of them via email this afternoon. I don't know if these are all of the pictures that were online earlier today, but you can certainly get a good idea of what it will look like...

Sky Roadster

Enjoy,
Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2002, 11:53 PM   #22
Tenchi Masaki
Tenchi Masaki is on a distinguished road

And here's eight....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069674_pv.jpg (32.4 KB, 18 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tenchi Masaki's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tenchi Masaki reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:56 PM   #23
Tenchi Masaki
Tenchi Masaki is on a distinguished road

Sorry... When posting it looked like I could only upload one attachment at a time. But it looks like Charlie got them up on ImageFolio anyway.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tenchi Masaki's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tenchi Masaki reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2002, 05:10 PM   #24
YELO_SC2
YELO_SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Happy

Thanks for posting the pics, everyone. I like it a lot better than the original rendering. Hmmm...convertable...rollbars...Saturn-style headlights...cool rear end...center-mounted exhaust...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YELO_SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #25
satspeedster

Here it is without the square...photoshop is good.

-Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02skypreview01nosquare.jpg (25.3 KB, 26 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satspeedster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satspeedster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 02-01-2002, 08:18 PM   #26
DP49657
DP49657 is on a distinguished road

HEY! much better,thanks. Can anyone tell me why SATURN has to have a swoosh in the side of all their cars. Most companys settel for their trademark oval or whatever it may be. It doesn't fit on the vue right but not to bad here,but it seems to limit your designs to force it in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DP49657's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DP49657 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:48 PM   #27
Saturnmeister
Saturnmeister is on a distinguished road

You nailed it, satspeedster! That's MUCH MUCH better, and exactly what they should do! The "no grill"/low intake look is SO much more attractive!

Oh, and in that link from the first post here, there's 2003 L-Series pics of the "freshening"...YUCK! Buy your 2002's now if you haven't got your L yet!!! They made it look like a cross between an old Toyota Avalon and a Ford Contour with those headlights, and that GRILL!! Make me vomit! Oh yeah, and it could also pass for an older Subaru - also not a compliment!

Puh-leeese tell me the 2005 isn't going to look ANYTHING like this up-chuck!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnmeister's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnmeister reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2002, 07:58 AM   #28
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

I know that it may be a tiny stretch, but look at the center of this front end and tell me if you see the source of the Sky's grille:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2002, 12:08 PM   #29
Plastic Gravity

Quote:
Originally posted by DP49657
HEY! much better,thanks. Can anyone tell me why SATURN has to have a swoosh in the side of all their cars. Most companys settel for their trademark oval or whatever it may be. It doesn't fit on the vue right but not to bad here,but it seems to limit your designs to force it in.
That trademark "swoosh" seems to have come out of nowhere, if you ask me. The beltline has always been a few inches higher at the back wheel arch than it has at the front... I'd hardly call that a "swoosh", certainly not in the same fashion as the one on VUE, the SC, and now the SKY. How does that go at Saturn, you must take something away everytime you add something? So we get this "swoosh", but loose the traditional Saturn front end... We get grills, and LOOSE identity.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Plastic Gravity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Plastic Gravity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 02-02-2002, 02:04 PM   #30
Phil
Advanced Member
Phil is on a distinguished road

Piney, you and I are thinking the exact same thing. If you have seen some of the other Bugatti concepts (other ones have larger grilles), that front grille was lifted straight off of them. I don't suppose we could expect the same level of performance?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2002, 05:41 PM   #31
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil
Piney, you and I are thinking the exact same thing. If you have seen some of the other Bugatti concepts (other ones have larger grilles), that front grille was lifted straight off of them. I don't suppose we could expect the same level of performance?
Yea, there is this other one that Car and Drive had in it that has a much larger opening. This shows what I meant a lot more clearly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread