SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:03 AM   #1
rzklkng
rzklkng is on a distinguished road

Idea Sky Pics...

Everything but the "grill"...

Keep in mind, a concept car is to guage consumer reaction. With Bob Lutz at the helm, expect GM's styling departments to create concepts that make you react. People will either love it or hate it, but they will FEEL something, and that's what sells cars!!!

Go to:http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_034083
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069459_pv.jpg (17.6 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by rzklkng; 01-31-2002 at 09:10 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rzklkng's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rzklkng reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2002, 09:48 AM   #2
Mark G
Mark G is on a distinguished road

They are starting to get there, but what is the big black square on the front? That has to go.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mark G's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mark G reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 09:58 AM   #3
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Dizzy

Oh geez, don't give me that ugly Crysler big front-grille with a badge on it crap.....not on our beloved Saturn at least......

It may look 'stylish?' for some people, but it's not practical and functional at all since no bumper attached in that area.

Saturn styling-cue always integrated the practical-side in critical area (sufficient Front-end, back-end bumper portion) From S to L then VUE......hope they don't ruin this NICE inheritance in Saturn evolution.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 10:07 AM   #4
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up

With the exception of that unsightly square grill (?), I like it. I just hope they killed the center mounted instruments.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:05 AM   #5
spork
spork is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Yeesh! like most everyone else said.. what the heck is that big black square in the center? Nice looking car otherwise. They do need a way to integrate the famously effective Saturn bumpers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:18 AM   #6
Spanky
Spanky is on a distinguished road

Other than the grille, that's a good looking car. Not only is the grille ugly, but why is it there at all.? Saturns don't have grilles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spanky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spanky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:24 AM   #7
Swizelman45
Advanced Member
Swizelman45 is on a distinguished road

I love it! All it needs is a few minor changes and I would buy this baby in a heartbeat.

First, they need to get rid of the black square grill, it doesn't fit with all the roundness, maybe they sould round it out to blend in with the headlights...

Also, They should git rid of the center mounted instruments as well, but I think I could get used to that after awhile....

IMO, I don't think they really need a bumper like the L and S have. If there was some way they could intergrate a bumper into the front and back ends without obstructing the general shape, I would opt for that.

I'm just waiting to see the back end!

Overall, I hope they produce this car, because it would be a great step for Saturn.

EDIT: Click on "back to search" under the pic and search for the Saturn Sky, you'll be able to see different pics of it, particularly the back end, it's better than the original was!!!

Last edited by Swizelman45; 01-31-2002 at 11:30 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Swizelman45's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Swizelman45 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 12:22 PM   #8
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Post center cluster detail

If you use the windows accesability magnifier, and look at the instrument cluster detail, then it can be seen that the instrument cluster is an active matrix LCD membrane and that small switches on the bootomof the stack allow to step through various functions. Although the actual instruements are small, they appear very legible. Also the three large rotary knobs near the bootom of the cluster are labeled "radio"?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 12:31 PM   #9
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Swizelman45
EDIT: Click on "back to search" under the pic and search for the Saturn Sky, you'll be able to see different pics of it, particularly the back end, it's better than the original was!!!
I checked them out. Again, aside from the dopey-looking square hole in the front end, the SKY is a sharp-looking roadster. The purist in me still doesn't like the center instruments, though. I read a post here where someone pointed out that too much fuss was being made about them, that it's nothing more than looking in a different direction. True, but too many of us are used to sitting behind the wheel and seeing the gauges right in front of us. I guess we sort of don't like the idea of change for the sake of change. Still, I think the SKY is a darn good effort.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 03:38 PM   #10
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Doesn't look too bad at all except for the black square on the front.
I could get used to the centre mounted instruments per se,but to have to reach over and play with buttons to shift between functions,as Haypops mentions,seems a big distraction.
Maybe they could put the Honda V6 in it instead of the souped up Ecotec 2.2 if they are looking for a new place to use it now that the Extended VUE is apparently dead.
It will be interesting to see if they can bring this to the market at a price that will attract buyers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 09:54 PM   #11
YELO_SC2
YELO_SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Question

I don't see any of these new SKY photos that have been mentioned. I ran a search for Saturn and Sky, but I only saw photos that I have already seen here. How do you access the new SKY photos?

Last edited by YELO_SC2; 01-31-2002 at 10:00 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YELO_SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 10:35 PM   #12
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

They were just pulled...

can someone please pull these from their cache? We cant let these get away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:42 PM   #13
Tenchi Masaki
Tenchi Masaki is on a distinguished road

Here's one....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069459_pv.jpg (17.6 KB, 27 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tenchi Masaki's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tenchi Masaki reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:44 PM   #14
Tenchi Masaki

Here's two...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069477_pv.jpg (25.9 KB, 27 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Tenchi Masaki reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:46 PM   #15
Tenchi Masaki

Here's three...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069496_pv.jpg (12.6 KB, 19 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:47 PM   #16
Tenchi Masaki

Here's four...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069514_pv.jpg (21.7 KB, 17 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:49 PM   #17
Tenchi Masaki

Here's five...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069534_pv.jpg (22.0 KB, 14 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:50 PM   #18
Tenchi Masaki

Here's six...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069634_pv.jpg (21.1 KB, 13 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:51 PM   #19
Tenchi Masaki

Here's seven...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wka2002013069654_pv.jpg (20.7 KB, 17 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:52 PM   #20
Swizelman45
Advanced Member
Swizelman45 is on a distinguished road

why don't you post them in one post?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Swizelman45's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Swizelman45 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread