SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Saturn build the Sky concept roadster?
Yes 23 79.31%
No 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 06:24 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Idea Should Saturn Build The Sky?

Do you think Saturn should build the Sky roadster? Vote and then post why you voted the way you did...

Thanks!
Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2001, 09:21 AM   #2
bert
bert is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Most Certainly!

Every car manufacturer needs a halo car, and this Sky roadster is just the ticket. While it wouldn't appeal to everyone, I'm sure quite I few folks would line up for a limited run of these. Go for it, Saturn!

bert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
cobbwebusa
cobbwebusa is on a distinguished road

Default Awesome!

They would be crazy not to! A great looking roadster! BUILD IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cobbwebusa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cobbwebusa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:50 PM   #4
SCRMFN
SCRMFN is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up

Yes. I have a 1995 SC 2 and since they have changed it to a three door I will not buy another one. I would love to have another two door and the Sky looks really nice.

Sky Ordered
Yellow Black Trim
Zoom Zoom

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SCRMFN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SCRMFN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2001, 02:43 PM   #5
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

It wouldn't bother me if they did, just would prefer lower prices or more performance options for what we got.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2001, 07:43 PM   #6
TV__
TV__ is on a distinguished road

Of course they should. Why would anyone say no[list]

By the way, this updated board is awsome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TV__'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TV__ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2001, 08:17 PM   #7
Jon94SoLo2

Happy

If you build it, they will buy!

Seriously, if Saturn does build this, I will buy it. It is rear wheel drive, right? If not, ah well, I will need a new car someday anyway even if I can only get front wheel drive.

Jon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jon94SoLo2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jon94SoLo2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-03-2001, 11:00 PM   #8
Plastic Gravity

I voted no.

Why? I think the concept is rather lame.

1)Way too conservative.
2)Derivative and Bland styling.
3)Inadequate performance(sorry guys, that thing will never make it into production with the 180HP motor...and if it does, they will saddle it with an auto or some **** insuring that there isn't any serious accelleration)
4)Its not even a REAL CAR. Its just a CGI sketch...c'mon, show a little bit more confindence in the concept...this is just a test balloon.
5)I hate the moronic "friendly" marketing and styling.

Its not all bad. But it doesn't deserve to get built...Saturn should spend the money they would waste on this thing to build an SC Super Coupe, that could actually see production.

Or, go back and come up with a serious effort...this doesn't cut it Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Plastic Gravity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Plastic Gravity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-04-2001, 08:04 AM   #9
beasjd

I agree with plastic gravity on this one. Build up what you have. If you want to appeal to younger people, then make a better performing coupe. By the time I'm 45 and ready to go into
mid-life crisis mode, then I'll have the money to buy a BMW or Audi roadster.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beasjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beasjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-04-2001, 10:23 AM   #10
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Thumbs Up

I think it would be great for Saturn if they build it! I personally am not interested in such a vehicle, but I'm sure it would generate interest. I do agree with the comments made by Plastic Gravity though. Also, people looking at a car like this most likely aren't looking for practicality. So, for goodness sake, drop the third door and make this thing a 2 door, like it's supposed to be!

Also, I'd hate to see Saturn drop the dent resistant polymer panels, at least for the front fenders and doors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-04-2001, 11:50 PM   #11
L300_in_MO
L300_in_MO is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Down SKY Roadster

Does anyone else think this thing is UGLY ? Put wheels on a matchbox and you've got the SKY, basically. Obviously, very little thought went into this design.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300_in_MO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300_in_MO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2001, 12:57 AM   #12
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Until I see more details and an indication GM/Saturn is really serious about such a car,I would say it will never fly,unless it is dirt cheap. It is something that Saturn should keep on the back burner,but not at the expense of the effort necessary to complete the revamping and updating of their S and L models.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2001, 08:05 AM   #13
RedL300
RedL300 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

The Sky looks good,and I am all in favor of new product,but I'd rather see Saturn expand into other segments of the market...Improve the SC and give me a Truck,ala the Tacoma..
Look at the market share for the F150,Ram,etc..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedL300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedL300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2001, 09:22 AM   #14
Garland
Garland is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up sky roadster vote: DEFINATELY..

I'm not really into the whole customized divisions of GM, with saturn being the fluffy little girly car division. But I took my current saturn and made it less girly, and I could do much, much more to that 2.2 supercharged engine. I like the idea that they're going to shoot for the market who just like the "no bullsh$t" approach.
So if that's the same 2.2 that's in the pontiac sunfire, and it's supercharged, then by all means, give it to me ..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Garland's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Garland reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2001, 10:57 AM   #15
beasjd

On second thought, maybe they should make that thing. Then once they start showing up in junkyards I could rip that S/C 2.2 out and put it in my SC2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beasjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beasjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-05-2001, 12:09 PM   #16
Plastic Gravity

Beasjd....don't worry, they won't build it anyway. This is what happens when you have a company with a split personality disorder. GM wants them to be the cute fluffy friendly "girls car"...and Saturn and its owners would preffer them to be a "smart, sexy and decently fast car".

This thing will never see the light of day...hmm...whatever became of the SC Convertible...the SR? The SCX? The OLOA Turbo SC? Yeah, you get the picture...its just a little mental fantasy on the part of Saturn and GM.

Look at how little interest there is in even responding to this poll? Go to some of the other less "PeeCee" Saturn sites...weve been rather kind with our remarks. As they say, most folks can smell bull***** a mile away....maybe they should have called the car the Saturn BS Concept.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Plastic Gravity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Plastic Gravity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-05-2001, 12:24 PM   #17
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Dazed Re: sky roadster vote: DEFINATELY..

Quote:
Originally posted by Garland
[B
So if that's the same 2.2 that's in the pontiac sunfire, and it's supercharged, then by all means, give it to me .. [/B]
The Pontiac Sunfire 2.2, although a good engine, is low-cost, low-tech, prone to head gasket failures, pushrod engine. I'm sure that they are talking about the 2.2 from the L-series, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread