SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
Leith1812
Leith1812 has a spectacular aura aboutLeith1812 has a spectacular aura about

Default Passenger Airbag Status Indicator

Just finishing up on my import of my 2007 Ion from Canada to Tennessee.

It meets all of the safety requirements except they want a GM technician to install a Passenger Airbag Status Indicator, which I cannot seem to find online. Most links lead to technical manuals or safety manuals.

There is a 2006 Ion at a Pick a Part shop, which I grabbed a few parts from but didn't notice any special indicator on the dash beyond whatever was factory installed in Canada.

Has anyone come across this part in the past?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leith1812's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leith1812 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leith1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Passenger Airbag Status Indicator

I don't know what Canada's regulation about having an airbag status indicator and my guess is its no different from USA safety regulations - having a simple but informative airbag indicator. It should be either a word 'airbag' or symbol lighting up during the instrument panel lamp tests and turn off. It should only turn on if the airbag self test fails or if an airbag deploys in an accident. If you have the owner's manual, review it. The indicator itself may be like the rest of the standard warning indicators, leds. Turn signals and main lighting are not leds. Leds as a rule are long lived and rarely fail for warning indicators in instrument panels and indicators elsewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg airbag symbol.jpg (15.1 KB, 2 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

that sounds like a crazy request. doesnt sound easy to do. for what its worth even after that was law some ions didnt have it in usa. redlines had different seats. gm was able to use credits from previous years to get by without. 05 and 06 didnt have it on redlines and 07 i dont think it did.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
Leith1812
Leith1812 has a spectacular aura aboutLeith1812 has a spectacular aura about

Hmm... After seeing that picture of the airbag / seat belt, the vehicle does have the indicator just below the instrument panel below the center console. I will give them another call today and ask how to proceed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leith1812's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leith1812 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leith1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
2007_ion2
2007_ion2 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

In Canada you do have an passenger air bag indicator. It is similar to the American version, and is in the same place. In the centre console above the radio.

If I recall correctly in Canada it is spelled out as passenger airbag instead of the symbol lime it would be on an American sold car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2007_ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2007_ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2007_ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:25 AM   #6
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan

All us and canadian sold ions in 2007 had tj9s indicator. The redline seats changed in 2007 to allow this. If you had to ads the system, it would involve wiring, a seat, sensor, and perhaps bcm programing or an additional srs module. The Canadian light just looks a bit different.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote